Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:27 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times

Advertisements

It is a fasinating story. From what I read she made herself a co-signer for the real and imaginary people. I also live in a pretty small town and you are correct. Everyone knows everyone and they sure know when someone moves away. I think it would give me willies if my sheriff's wife was a convicted felon.

The only "gossip" she has told me is there are a lot of people in town that want might him as sheriff because he doesn't do his job. Maybe it is the old west mentality. LOL All I know is I would not buy the usual "I never knew" story. Ten years is a long time to have that kind of extra cash coming into the home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 11:02 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The only "gossip" she has told me is there are a lot of people in town that want might him as sheriff because he doesn't do his job. Maybe it is the old west mentality.
Well, I'd rather have "ain't none of the law's business so long as nobody gets hurt" than nitpicking attention to the letter of the law rather than the spirit. After all that's supposed to be what it's about -- preventing harm, rather than dictating behaviour.

Regardless, sure does put him in a pickle.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Well, I'd rather have "ain't none of the law's business so long as nobody gets hurt" than nitpicking attention to the letter of the law rather than the spirit. After all that's supposed to be what it's about -- preventing harm, rather than dictating behaviour.

Regardless, sure does put him in a pickle.

I agree but Montana has a BIG drinking and driving problem. Possibly drugs but that is just about everywhere. I would just want a fair officer who actually does the job they are paid to do. The word around that city is "it's who you are" if the law is enforced. I think that probably happens in a lot of places.

Personally I would never vote for an officer who had the criminals in their home. I prefer they were in the jails with no connection to any police officers. As it stands, you would never convince me this guy didn't know what his wife was doing. I do have to look into it more. My sister does not "pute".

Old 05-17-2010, 06:46 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
All this aside -- is someone better running against him? or even anyone else at all? A lot of the time there is just one candidate for sheriff.

<later> This fellow appears to be the competition.
Elect Everett Misner Wheatland County Sheriff
Any comments?
Well he seems plenty qualified.I think his biggest problem to win is that he isn't a long time local......but under the circumstances I think he has a pretty good chance to win with the current sheriff under such a cloud.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:05 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,109 times
Quote:
It is a fasinating story. From what I read she made herself a co-signer for the real and imaginary people. I also live in a pretty small town and you are correct. Everyone knows everyone and they sure know when someone moves away. I think it would give me willies if my sheriff's wife was a convicted felon.

The only "gossip" she has told me is there are a lot of people in town that want might him as sheriff because he doesn't do his job. Maybe it is the old west mentality. LOL All I know is I would not buy the usual "I never knew" story. Ten years is a long time to have that kind of extra cash coming into the home.
Well Ive never heard he doesnt do his job...but people can vary on what 'doing his job' constitutes.If it werent for the situation with his wife I doubt he would have any trouble being reelected.

I will agree that it is hard to believe that a spouse could bring in an additional $20 thousand a year for a decade and the other spouse not notice it,especially when a huge chunk of it was on food.I suppose she might have hidden a lot of it from him,we dont really know what she told him,perhaps she said her parents were giving her cash gifts annually to save her future inheritance taxes or something....I dont know how she justified doing it or explaining it.If I were sheriff,and totally ignorant of what had occurred I would have real difficulty staying married to someone capable of such deception and dishonesty.She had to know if she got caught she would bring terrible humiliation to her whole family,and the small size of the town magnifies the situation since everyone knows everyone....yet she did it,and kept doing it.

We will just have to see what happens.....

Old 05-17-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well Ive never heard he doesnt do his job...but people can vary on what 'doing his job' constitutes.If it werent for the situation with his wife I doubt he would have any trouble being reelected.

I will agree that it is hard to believe that a spouse could bring in an additional $20 thousand a year for a decade and the other spouse not notice it,especially when a huge chunk of it was on food.I suppose she might have hidden a lot of it from him,we dont really know what she told him,perhaps she said her parents were giving her cash gifts annually to save her future inheritance taxes or something....I dont know how she justified doing it or explaining it.If I were sheriff,and totally ignorant of what had occurred I would have real difficulty staying married to someone capable of such deception and dishonesty.She had to know if she got caught she would bring terrible humiliation to her whole family,and the small size of the town magnifies the situation since everyone knows everyone....yet she did it,and kept doing it.

We will just have to see what happens.....

Whether he does his job or not, I would have no idea since I do not live there. I never thought of anything like saying she was getting money from parents. That might be a good cover. I too could not stand the shame of doing something like that. She had no concern for her family or her husbands position, that's for sure! How awful.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:34 PM

I guess there is a third person running but I couldn't understand the name. Heather something? She doesn't know much about the Misner guy. Really I was just interested in this crazy story about the current sheriff and wanted to see what people thought of it.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:19 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
Quote:
I guess there is a third person running but I couldn't understand the name. Heather something? She doesn't know much about the Misner guy. Really I was just interested in this crazy story about the current sheriff and wanted to see what people thought of it.
And here some people think "Harper Valley PTA" was fictional

Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 AM

I wonder how many small towns have problems like this. It probably happens more than we know.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:57 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,376,020 times
No justice in small towns..

Im sure some of that money bankrolled his campaign and what else not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana