Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 01:27 AM

383 posts, read 430,801 times

Advertisements

I have never been to an Ikea store. The closest to Northern Maine is 5.5+ hours, either in Quebec or in Massachusetts. Stories about Ikea going to Nova Scotia have been on the Canadian news the last few nights, and I'm wondering: 1) do Ikea stores sell only their priciest furniture, or are there sale sections; and 2) if Ikea is so popular, at least in northern climates, are there any "knock-off" furniture stores that imitate the streamlined design but with less expensive and more lightweight materials? For students, women, and the elderly, furniture that is extremely lightweight but easily assembled is currently found only at Walmart and Target.

Buyer brings Ikea home to Maritimes | The Chronicle Herald

For the love of Ikea | Toronto Star
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 05:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,393,577 times
Good excuse to come to Montreal for a long weekend and visit what i've heard is the largest IKEA outlet in N America.
IKEA Montreal - IKEA

Old 11-29-2014, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Good excuse to come to Montreal for a long weekend and visit what i've heard is the largest IKEA outlet in N America.
IKEA Montreal - IKEA
Ha! J'en suis tres reconnaissante.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:48 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,460,705 times
Ikea sells flat pack furniture, that the customer has to assemble at home. Its lower price items are popular with University students who have to furnish a dorm room. Ikea also sells top end appliances and entire room sets, at one price for the entire setting.

Their prices range from simple plastic dishes and measuring cups, to room sets that are in the thousands of dollars. Something for everyone.

here is a link to the Ikea Canada website.....take a stroll around and see what they have.

The IKEA Catalogue 2015

The over all quality is above average, and some of the designs are truly innovative, and smart.

My wife and I have bought bedding, bathroom fixtures, cooking utensils , and breakfast at Ikea. Yes they have a low price cafeteria in each store, that sells breakfast and lunch, at a low set price, 7 days a week. They also have a food section with frozen selections, and fresh baked goods.

Jim B. In Toronto.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Ikea sells flat pack furniture, that the customer has to assemble at home. Its lower price items are popular with University students who have to furnish a dorm room. Ikea also sells top end appliances and entire room sets, at one price for the entire setting.

Their prices range from simple plastic dishes and measuring cups, to room sets that are in the thousands of dollars. Something for everyone.

here is a link to the Ikea Canada website.....take a stroll around and see what they have.

The IKEA Catalogue 2015

The over all quality is above average, and some of the designs are truly innovative, and smart.

My wife and I have bought bedding, bathroom fixtures, cooking utensils , and breakfast at Ikea. Yes they have a low price cafeteria in each store, that sells breakfast and lunch, at a low set price, 7 days a week. They also have a food section with frozen selections, and fresh baked goods.

Jim B. In Toronto.
Well, it looks like I know where I'll spend my summer vacation.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,393,577 times
Dont miss their in store restaurant.
IKEA restaurant - IKEA

Old 11-29-2014, 01:29 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,115,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNorthMainer View Post
Well, it looks like I know where I'll spend my summer vacation.
There is more to Montreal than just Ikea!

Old 12-02-2014, 01:32 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,441,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNorthMainer View Post
I have never been to an Ikea store.
Once you enter an Ikea store ... you cannot find the exit till sun down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal