Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 03:36 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,142,604 times

Advertisements

Just doing homework before dropping my son off. I've now been to Morgantown several times and usually take the rail trail from the warf to downtown for meals. I have noticed folks hanging around by the bus area and band shell but haven't been bothered yet. So where are the trouble spots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 04:04 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Just doing homework before dropping my son off. I've now been to Morgantown several times and usually take the rail trail from the warf to downtown for meals. I have noticed folks hanging around by the bus area and band shell but haven't been bothered yet. So where are the trouble spots?
Their really aren't any. Their is a public housing project but it isn't bad. Blacksville, Osage, are not in morgantown but have drug problems. They aren't dangerous.

Downtown you won't run into any problems.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:07 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,142,604 times
Great to hear and thanks. I really like to walk rather than drive around that area and just wanted to make sure I wasn't strolling through somewhere that could be trouble.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Great to hear and thanks. I really like to walk rather than drive around that area and just wanted to make sure I wasn't strolling through somewhere that could be trouble.
Well that rails for trails is somewhere that might not be safe at night. My friends and I would sometimes drink their at night. Homeless people are around there. They never bothered us, but it isnt ideal. I still wouldnt be worried.

There are no ghettos are crime areas downtown. At night Morgantown has lots of drinking and people can be jerks. It isnt unsafe but if you are not into partying it isnt the most pleasant of places.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:14 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,038,016 times
Quote:
Morgantown has one of the best educated populations in the country (Top 50). It also has a very low crime index. No place is perfect, and although we do have some blighted housing here and there, we have no ghetto areas or dangerous areas. You can walk in any of our neighborhoods day or night.

Portions of the Deckers Creek trail are dark at night, and it would not be wise to walk in those areas alone at night. Problems are extremely rare, but common sense would dictate that a person should be in lighted areas in any city at night. Choose your son's housing based on the quality of the unit and proximity to classes. There is little need to worry about the neighborhood.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:57 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,880,843 times
WVU #1 party school again so everybody is always happy!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
WVU #1 party school again so everybody is always happy!
Is it?

By whom?

Old 08-06-2012, 09:15 PM

49 posts, read 107,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Is it?

By whom?
Newsweek...

Party-school ranking miffs WVU officials* - News - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -

Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 PM

Too bad I like Princeton review gives us #1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown