Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 11:32 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,422,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Anything is better than nothing. How many houses do you think will need to be torn down with that general route?
It wouldn't be much, I think, depending on the configuration. I would guess somewhere around five houses if they follow the original route in the LRTP, give or take. If they try a different geometry, then it would take several more, to be sure.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:43 AM

6,079 posts, read 9,110,796 times
All of this is laying the foundation for continued prosperity in that area. I am excited to see the progress of development west of 79, as well as the outcome of the bridge.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:34 PM

456 posts, read 603,175 times
new updated video on westview shopping center across from university town center. looks like they do plan to do it. if lucky maybe here something by the end of year with spring 2017 construction. it could be nice addition with stores and restaurants not in area. they already have a lot of the area cleared and i can't wait for exit to be finished and developed. has anyone heard anything about gateway or the hobby lobby supposed to go up there

Old 05-19-2016, 09:01 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,228,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
new updated video on westview shopping center across from university town center. looks like they do plan to do it. if lucky maybe here something by the end of year with spring 2017 construction. it could be nice addition with stores and restaurants not in area. they already have a lot of the area cleared and i can't wait for exit to be finished and developed. has anyone heard anything about gateway or the hobby lobby supposed to go up there
About a week ago when I was over there there was 3 or 4 identifiable flat pads with stone and what looked like possible concrete footers, I'd bet we will see steel buy July on them if it stops raining here.

Hopefully we do hear more about that new shopping center soon, I'd imagine with the new approved roads that things will start moving forward pretty fast over the summer and into the fall. I'm still crossing my fingers for a bass pro shop and or a gander mountain. I'm really hoping this summer we hear a lot of announcements about new businesses and other things coming in over there. I'm curious what hotel they are planning to put in with that new shopping center.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:29 AM

193 posts, read 281,942 times
Gateway has crawled at a snails pace since it's inception. Seems like those flat pads have been sitting dormant for years. If you discount the crappy fast food options at the bottom of the hill that entire site still has has only 4 tennants I believe (triple s, turtle, la quinta, and other hotel near Harley shop). It's a good location. I can't understand why nothing else has gone in there.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:27 AM

354 posts, read 505,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchunk View Post
Gateway has crawled at a snails pace since it's inception. Seems like those flat pads have been sitting dormant for years. If you discount the crappy fast food options at the bottom of the hill that entire site still has has only 4 tennants I believe (triple s, turtle, la quinta, and other hotel near Harley shop). It's a good location. I can't understand why nothing else has gone in there.
I believe one of those 4 is the developer's business. There is such thing as over saturation. How many slave wage town centers and plazas can a town of 30 some thousand (minus the students) support? I don't know if that's Gateway's problem or not. Maybe it will take off now with all that TIF money rolling in.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greystreet21 View Post
I believe one of those 4 is the developer's business. There is such thing as over saturation. How many slave wage town centers and plazas can a town of 30 some thousand (minus the students) support? I don't know if that's Gateway's problem or not. Maybe it will take off now with all that TIF money rolling in.
I'd be willing to bet that is what they were waiting for since they are now in the TIF district.

Also by the pads I didn't mean the flat dirt, there are 3-4 pads now with a gravel base with flags and other things.

Also the owner of gateway owns the Harley dealership and owns that particular franchise of green turtle.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:12 AM

The westview shopping center website has been updated with new plans it looks like. It even allows you to zoom in to take a closer look. I was talking with my neighbor who is working on construction at the TIF district and he said that the construction should start on the shopping center here pretty soon and that there will be a gas station and another hotel built there. Also looking at the plans it looks like a pharmacy has claimed one of the pads.

It looks like the new plans that are posted are still pretty old though, newer than the old ones, but still pretty old, it shows the new exit as proposed and does not show the new road structure that has been approved.

Westview Shopping Center Morgantown WV | In The Heart Of Retail

Old 06-02-2016, 12:08 PM

6,079 posts, read 9,110,796 times
That new layout looks much more achievable than the bunched up one they previously had on the site. I like it, but I hope that this doesn't throw off the Gateway's ambitions.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
That new layout looks much more achievable than the bunched up one they previously had on the site. I like it, but I hope that this doesn't throw off the Gateway's ambitions.
It will be interesting what comes of it with Gateway being part of the TIF now and one of the new roads from the "West Ridge Business Park" (that areas new official name) and from the westview shopping center will make an intersection with gateways road, making it supposedly so you can go straight from gateway over to the other shopping area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown