Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 893 times

Advertisements

So what ended up happening?I am in the same position.I have found a new job though in the same field.It pays a little more,it's still salary, and i get paid bi weekly now instead of once a month.I'm suppose to close on the 30th of this month, and I get my first check on the 22nd.I'm really nervous.Do you think I'll have any problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 10:23 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenah Valentine View Post
So what ended up happening?I am in the same position.I have found a new job though in the same field.It pays a little more,it's still salary, and i get paid bi weekly now instead of once a month.I'm suppose to close on the 30th of this month, and I get my first check on the 22nd.I'm really nervous.Do you think I'll have any problems?
Yeah, I do think you'll have problems.. pretty common for lenders to check that you're still working at the employer on your loan app right before closing.. heck, a family member had them check a week *after* closing, so they could sell the loan.. so yeah, talk to your lender yesterday, spill the beans & possibly the deal can be saved.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:49 PM

356 posts, read 281,422 times
Talk to your lender right away. It sounds like this is salvageable, but you want to address it now rather than the day before closing when they call your former employer to verify employment and find out you don't work there. They will verify with the new employer and will want to see your first paycheck, and possibly the next one depending on the type of loan. But start right away, and you may be able to get away without delaying closing or possibly with a short delay.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:58 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,908,228 times
Guys, this thread is two and three years old..

Old 09-10-2017, 08:02 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,444,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Guys, this thread is two and three years old..
Dang time does really fly when your having fun!
I still think the advice still applies ...

Old 09-10-2017, 08:34 PM

356 posts, read 281,422 times
I was answering Nenah Valentine who posted this morning.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:08 AM

5,341 posts, read 14,135,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenah Valentine View Post
The new job shouldn't be a problem at all.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:27 AM

384 posts, read 376,210 times
I just purchased a home in Tennessee , the last prospective buyer of this home also lost his job and the bank found out , the deal fell thru at the closing table. Apparently he did not tell the bank about losing his job. Its probably best to inform the lender right away because this costs the seller time and money if the deal falls thru.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages