Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdCampbell View Post
sounded like the big bank blues,

If it was I would start the process with another mortgage company just to be safe, the FHA appraisal and case number can be used saving the cost for a new appraisal. most mortgage companies can get it closed in 2 weeks,

just to be on the safe side
Seems like the best advice imo since what i've seen in my google search "freedom mortgage review". I wish you luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 08:38 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,911,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekoflow View Post
Freedom Mortgage.
They are a correspondent lender.......meaning they sell the loan post closing. They have 51 offices, only half look active and 223 licensed loan officers. They have a couple in CA and AZ, but the bulk of the offices are on the east coast (and also under the name Jefferson Home Mortgage. I can't leave this page (or lose my post) to see if maybe you are experiencing time zone issues. If you are on one coast and the rest of the crew is on the other coast, it could be a disadvantage (usually the west coast is at a disadvantage because the east coast locks up for the night at 2 PM in the afternoon).

Maybe ask them, what state is the underwriter in? What state is the processor in? In today's paperless environment, it should not make a difference.......but out of sight, out of mind.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:25 AM

64 posts, read 367,847 times
Today I received the FHA number to be able to order a new appraisal. My loan processor said she was going to contact the appraiser directly instead of going through the company (I think she thinks this will be faster?). That was about 9:45am. About 3 hours later I asked her if she was able to contact him and she replies that she was not able to and is waiting for his response. Wow...I must be the luckiest person on this earth. I mean for once it would be nice if things actually started happening quickly so I can finally finish this nightmare! Wow!!!! Unbelievable! Well, I suppose maybe I'm going a little overboard here. I really hope we are able to set the appraisal up today....really hope!

Old 02-11-2014, 11:37 AM

Finally!!! The appraisal is done and was told it will be turned in tomorrow (fingers crossed). So, if the appraisal is turned over to the UW tomorrow with everything else being all set...what's a realistic time frame for me to close? Next Tuesday, Wed? Any input will be appreciated.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 PM

This is the hard part, we have no idea what else is waiting for them. If that's it and the appraisal is perfect......you need to sign the 3 day notice, which would put you at Monday, soonest. But what else needs to be done? Has compliance finished and signed off on? Were the remainder of the conditions cleared?

The answer is you are on the home stretch.......just depends if they got everything else done while waiting (which I am hoping is the case......then Monday or Tuesday is a good bet.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:46 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,757,425 times
With the way things have been going for you- maybe Easter !- Just joking. You have been stuck in the loan from Hades. This is just unbelievable.

I do think you're really in the final home stretch now. Fingers crossed for mid to late next week.

Please let us know when you do close and finally walk in the door to your home.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
With the way things have been going for you- maybe Easter !- Just joking. You have been stuck in the loan from Hades. This is just unbelievable.

I do think you're really in the final home stretch now. Fingers crossed for mid to late next week.

Please let us know when you do close and finally walk in the door to your home.
Lol! I had to laugh when I read that...that's true though. Well, I'm hoping that this is it. I actually had my processor reach out to the UW today to see if there is anything else that is needed from me so that I can submitted while we wait for the appraisal. I heard nothing back, of course but that doesn't surprise me. I hope I'm ready to go.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
This is the hard part, we have no idea what else is waiting for them. If that's it and the appraisal is perfect......you need to sign the 3 day notice, which would put you at Monday, soonest. But what else needs to be done? Has compliance finished and signed off on? Were the remainder of the conditions cleared?

The answer is you are on the home stretch.......just depends if they got everything else done while waiting (which I am hoping is the case......then Monday or Tuesday is a good bet.
All the conditions were met a while ago and it was about two weeks ago that I had to update a few things. So, I'm hoping there is nothing else.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:17 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,983,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekoflow View Post
Finally!!! The appraisal is done and was told it will be turned in tomorrow (fingers crossed). So, if the appraisal is turned over to the UW tomorrow with everything else being all set...what's a realistic time frame for me to close? Next Tuesday, Wed? Any input will be appreciated.

Hopefully no one working on your loan is in the path of the major snowstorm on the east coast.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
Hopefully no one working on your loan is in the path of the major snowstorm on the east coast.
The good news on this, 99% of us are paperless and have the ability to work on cloud based technology. I don't know of anyone that doesn't have either laptops or Web Access for all personnel. The OP has a great chances of getting the appraisal cleared, instructions issued and a wire sent, but not to be able to get to the table due to weather. May your roads be clear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages