Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 05:05 AM

5 posts, read 4,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
I read it but like I said I only spent a couple minutes on it. It actually says "Permitted as a compensating factor in DU only to allow a debt-to-income (DTI) ratio >45% up to 50%". There is reserve requirements that you also don't meet, 6-12 months depending on credit, and likely an issue in any other programs available too. It may qualify but really it doesn't make any difference as the program is completely wrong for you and your LO should have seen that already. If it were me I would be pretty pissed that they didn't catch the LTV requirements before you started doing inspections; but I also would have looked up the program myself because for every good LO there is 30 bad ones.

The important part of my other post though is your only hope to salvage the deal is to call some brokers and see if they can manage to come up with something, it wont be with this program though.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I think we put too much faith in our broker here, asking him if a 3-unit was possible for us when he perhaps just wanted his foot in the door with our business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 04:24 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,692,884 times
Just reading your initial posting & you've got good financial "bones" - income, assets, credit scores. Scraping together 25% down is a hardship, but it makes all the difference when the markets go sideways. I'd sit this one out & come back to play in a few years when you've got a bigger stack of cash. You'll get there, no need to rush or get "creative".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages