Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 08:56 PM

954 posts, read 4,378,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
CHRISTMAS STORY!!!!! (you'll shoot your eye out....Fra-geely, must be Italian)
Oh yes. Growing up in the Midwest, it just rings so true.
Remember the hillbilly neighbors Bumpuses? Well, my brother-in-law's name is Bumpus, and you guessed it, they were originally from Tennessee.
We have to watch that at least once every Christmas.

PS-Patton, is another once a year movie for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2006, 11:37 PM

502 posts, read 2,296,028 times
I love movies that make me laugh like The Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers, Christmas Vacation, The Money Pit; I love Pootie Tang, Dumb and Dumber and Napoleon Dynamite. To watch the last 3 movies you have to be really immature to find them funny. I also love classics such as Gone with the Wind, Harvey, The Sound of Music, Lady and the Tramp, the Wizard of Oz, Singing in the Rain and West Side Story. Other movies: Moulan Rouge with Nicole Kidman, Big Fish, Sweet and Lowdown, Sam I am, Forest Gump, Steel Magnolias, In the Times of the Butterflies, the Others (really scary), any vampire movie or scary movie. Wow, I really can go on and on for this one! Anything by the following Actors is usually pretty good: Tom Hanks, Sean Penn, Robert DeNiro, Denzel Washington, Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Morgan Freeman, Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford, Kevin Spacey, Paul Giamatti, Jack Nicholson, Robert Duvall. Actresses, Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sally Field, Susan Sarandon, Judi Dench, Emma Thompson, Sandra Bullock

Old 09-02-2006, 11:52 PM

152 posts, read 476,806 times
Default I guess you've summed it all up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
I love movies that make me laugh like The Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers, Christmas Vacation, The Money Pit; I love Pootie Tang, Dumb and Dumber and Napoleon Dynamite. To watch the last 3 movies you have to be really immature to find them funny. I also love classics such as Gone with the Wind, Harvey, The Sound of Music, Lady and the Tramp, the Wizard of Oz, Singing in the Rain and West Side Story. Other movies: Moulan Rouge with Nicole Kidman, Big Fish, Sweet and Lowdown, Sam I am, Forest Gump, Steel Magnolias, In the Times of the Butterflies, the Others (really scary), any vampire movie or scary movie. Wow, I really can go on and on for this one! Anything by the following Actors is usually pretty good: Tom Hanks, Sean Penn, Robert DeNiro, Denzel Washington, Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Morgan Freeman, Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford, Kevin Spacey, Paul Giamatti, Jack Nicholson, Robert Duvall. Actresses, Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sally Field, Susan Sarandon, Judi Dench, Emma Thompson, Sandra Bullock
LOL, yep, that pretty much sums it all up

Old 09-03-2006, 06:26 AM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
Talking I Guess I'm Guilty of Being Nuts

Quote:
Grease and Wizard of Oz go without saying. Anyone who doesn't love those movies or watch them EVERYTIME they're on, is simply nuts!!!...
Don't get me wrong, I like the Wizard of Oz and think it is a great movie. I have seen it ssssoooo many times that I just can't finish watching it anymore. Maybe when I get real old and senile, then I can watch the whole movie again?

Old 09-03-2006, 07:41 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Napoleon Dynamite, Something's Gotta Give, Baby Boom, A Room with a View, Dark City, Pitch Black, The Last of the Mohicans (with Daniel Day-Lewis). These are all great movies I watch every time I see them on cable.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:19 AM

617 posts, read 2,822,544 times
My favorite actor is totally Orlando Bloom. Some people might find it sad, but I own every movie he has been in so far... Even "Black Hawk Down", where he has the tiniest part ever.

My favorite movie though, for when I need to cheer up, is definitely "What About Bob?" Classic Bill Murray. I love the part where Bob is in the Psychiatrists office for the first time, and starts listing off all his symptoms. So hilarious!

Old 09-03-2006, 09:25 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,330,009 times
Yes, Steel Man, you ARE nuts Don't feel bad, one of my friends was so terrified of the wicked witch after seeing her ONE time when we were little, that to this day she has never seen Wizard of Oz (did I mention she's almost 40)!! She never let her kids watch it when they were little because she would have to watch it with them. Now that they're older, they watch it, but their mom still can't bare to watch it...what a chicken!!

I agree with Isabella on a few actors....Johnny Depp (the love of my life ), Robert DeNiro, Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, Kevin Spacey...but I also love Nicholas Cage (came a long way from Valley Girl and Peggy Sue) Sean Penn is another one who's gotten really good. Susan Sarandon (love her...and she looks like my mother ). Al Pacino, good but screams too much in movies. I LOATHE Julia Roberts...no explanation, have no idea why, just can't stand her. Can only take so much of Tom Cruise too.

Napolean Dynamite was great, it's one of those movies that gets funnier each time you watch it. I can't believe someone mentioned Big Fish...most people I know thought it was okay, but I loved that movie so much!

Orlando Bloom is ADORABLE!!! Love him. But I'm sorry, my ten year old loves him and thinks she's marrying him, so you're going to have to watch out Calibelle!

Old 09-03-2006, 09:36 AM

42 posts, read 139,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010 View Post
If you like that one, you will like "The out-of-towner's" with Jack Lemon.
Every time I watch it, I pick up even more of the dialog. Hysterical.
The best - "The out-of-towners"
I have never laughed so hard.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:16 AM

421 posts, read 469,264 times
Default actors/movies

I am pretty much hooked on the older actors..LOL...i am into heavy duty action...so all of Arnolds, Slyvester Stalones movies...LOL...Love movies like The Professional..love Vin Diesel..all mafia movies. Adore horror and sci-fi...love Vampire movies.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:53 PM

617 posts, read 2,822,544 times
Quote:
Orlando Bloom is ADORABLE!!! Love him. But I'm sorry, my ten year old loves him and thinks she's marrying him, so you're going to have to watch out Calibelle!
It's ok..... she can have him I am already married to the hottest man alive! My husband is the spitting image of Jim Caviezel, just with lighter hair!

Last edited by Yac; 09-03-2006 at 02:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies