Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:36 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times

Advertisements

I grewup in Hawai'i as a kid what was always cool was kikaider, kamen rider, ultraman, J.A.Q.K. all fathers of the power rangers. Now its so funny. Does anyone remember kung fu theater? love martial arts movies but the bad dubing and fake flying is too much. One will always be a clasic from the 70s is bruce lee movies. The movie that scared me to death was phantism? Must of been 6 or 7 and watched it alone gave me chikn skin. Now i watch it, what a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 12:30 PM

8,308 posts, read 13,442,156 times
Star Wars. Don't get me wrong, the series are way better than the Episodes that came out like 10 years ago but considering the initial reaction/liking, they lost their flavor immensely even after several years.
I still can watch them but I was in just aw the first time I saw them that my tiny brain (then and now) couldn't even process wtf was happening on the screen. I never had that kind of feeling with any other movie afterward.
I guess Matrix came pretty close.

That said, 70s and 80s Ninja flicks take the cake, bar none.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:15 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Gene Wilder is just plain mean to those kids!LOL
I know! I didn't pick up on it until I was an adult he was hysterical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I thought Willow was great when I was 10...but I watched it again recently on TV and it was just a ripoff of Lord of the Rings with Val Kilmer swinging swords at everyone and a midget running around with a baby.
this made me literally lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I enjoy all of the Disney movies and one of my all time favorites is Robin Hood with Roger Miller singing....some of those films were pretty sophisticated with their inside joke style....
I LOVE that movie. Till this day I still catch myself singing "every town has it ups and downs...sometimes ups outnumber the downs but not in Nottingham" lol

For me the movies that are now unwatchable are: The Witches, Big Trouble & Little China & Teen Witch. Teen Witch came on during Halloween and the locker room scene (We like boys) was beyond stupid. And then the scene where she goes to the house with the popular guy where they ran around taking off their clothes...sigh I was heartbroken at how dumb it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies