Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 05:17 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,059,695 times

Advertisements

I saw it and I'm pretty religious -- have been my entire life. There were some interesting twists and turns -- of course to make an entire movie about this event in the Bible someone had to fill in a whole lot of holes. I don't think it degraded the Bible in anyway; it was just a version of one man's imagination. I admit that I walked into the movie wondering if Russell Crowe could ever convince me of being a spiritual man (because I doubted that very much), but the way the movie handled that part of the "story" ended up not requiring that I be convinced much about his role. It was interesting. I think it should be seen on a big screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 04:34 PM

15,638 posts, read 15,768,062 times
Miss H, I thought you might enjoy the review from the New York Times. What do you think of the comment, “Noah” is occasionally clumsy, ridiculous and unconvincing, but it is almost never dull, and very little of it has the careful, by-the-numbers quality that characterizes big-studio action-fantasy entertainment.

Rain, Heavy at Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/28/mo...noah.html?_r=0

Old 04-14-2014, 11:29 AM

530 posts, read 909,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
To those who have seen it, did you think it had a agenda? Was the message heavy handed or is the criticism over-sensitive IYO?
I will see it eventually, but can't decide in theater or at home in a few months.

I saw it, didn't like it. Didn't leave because I was on a date & you know -- the nicities. But oh yes, I think it had an agenda, but hey, I'm one of of those "Bible People."

Lets see, didn't like the demons saying they got kicked out by the creator when all they were trying to do was help Adam. Didn't like them helping to build the Ark. Didn't like the Ark having a sow away and him eating the animals. Didn't like the one "nice / good demon repenting and seemingly going up." Didn't the open access of the door to the Ark, didn't like that the kids were the foundation of the family / marriage (but that does emulate society) WHEN AREN'T THE HUSBAND AND WIFE SUPPOSED TO BE THE FOUNDATION FOR THE KIDS AND THE FAMILY? Didn't like that Noah never prayed and was always angry. And seemingly the girl had the most faith. I was like hmmm maybe keep her and throw all the rest over board and start over . Just the mockery, blasphemy and poking fun. Hey you don't have to believe the Bible is real and you don't have to believe the Stories in the Bible, but for goodness sake there are tons of other things in the world to poke fun at an pervert, oh, but that wouldn't be perverting the Christian faith now would it? Its sooo funny freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom its all free until it comes to Christians expressing and standing for what we believe - then that freedom stops.

But okay--- guess I won't be one to jump on the Smith wagon and go see Cain and Able. I'm good. Smh!! And next time nice or rude I will leave the movies and opt for something more enjoyable. Ugh!! But what do I know....I'm just one of those narrow minded Bible People.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:35 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,460,404 times
Its a good movie loosely based on a theme from the bible, Russel Crowe brilliant as usual.
Those going and expecting an exact re enactment of the bible story will be in for some disappointment

Old 04-19-2014, 08:10 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,424,118 times
It looks they were trying to cater to religious and non-religious people simultaneously, and failed both.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:30 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,889,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
I saw it, didn't like it. Didn't leave because I was on a date & you know -- the nicities. But oh yes, I think it had an agenda, but hey, I'm one of of those "Bible People."

Lets see, didn't like the demons saying they got kicked out by the creator when all they were trying to do was help Adam. Didn't like them helping to build the Ark. Didn't like the Ark having a sow away and him eating the animals. Didn't like the one "nice / good demon repenting and seemingly going up." Didn't the open access of the door to the Ark, didn't like that the kids were the foundation of the family / marriage (but that does emulate society) WHEN AREN'T THE HUSBAND AND WIFE SUPPOSED TO BE THE FOUNDATION FOR THE KIDS AND THE FAMILY? Didn't like that Noah never prayed and was always angry. And seemingly the girl had the most faith. I was like hmmm maybe keep her and throw all the rest over board and start over . Just the mockery, blasphemy and poking fun. Hey you don't have to believe the Bible is real and you don't have to believe the Stories in the Bible, but for goodness sake there are tons of other things in the world to poke fun at an pervert, oh, but that wouldn't be perverting the Christian faith now would it? Its sooo funny freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom its all free until it comes to Christians expressing and standing for what we believe - then that freedom stops.

But okay--- guess I won't be one to jump on the Smith wagon and go see Cain and Able. I'm good. Smh!! And next time nice or rude I will leave the movies and opt for something more enjoyable. Ugh!! But what do I know....I'm just one of those narrow minded Bible People.
Maybe Kirk Cameron will make a version more suitable to you. With all the religious movies coming out I'm sure it won't be long before someone makes a version closer to the Bible.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:24 PM

8,296 posts, read 8,709,451 times
I did not like it. Nothing to do with religion. I just thought it was a bad movie. People that believe in a literal translation of the bible would really hate it.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:10 AM

21,508 posts, read 10,636,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
It looks they were trying to cater to religious and non-religious people simultaneously, and failed both.
I know this thread is old, but Noah is on On Demand right now and I clicked here to see what people thought of it before renting. I'm just curious why anyone would make a movie about an event in the Bible, and then try to cater to non-religious people. That seems like a very bad marketing scheme. Does Hollywood even want to stay relevant anymore?

They seem to do this exact type of thing on a routine basis. Why irritate half of the movie-going audience by making every film about terrorist attacks on US soil right-wing terrorists? Is it that they could care less about offending half the country and don't want to offend the global audience now? I would think a film like White House Down wouldn't be largely attended in China or Japan, but maybe I'm wrong.

Then there are the religious movies. They either make them like Noah, or they're surprised when a movie with religious themes actually makes a lot of money.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:52 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,543,319 times
This movie was insane. First the transformers who helped build the Ark then Noah inches from stabbing a crying baby in the heart. Don't forget the Dino dog or whatever the hell it was. Oh yeah and Anthony Hopkins great as Odin as usual.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:02 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,404,279 times
Finally saw this on dvd. Well, sort of. I made it through the first twenty minutes before I got bored and turned it off, right about the time of the talking rock creatures.
Pretty awful movie. The story wasn't interesting and I couldn't identify with the characters. God believed eating meat was a sin? I missed that part of the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies