Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 06:42 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,945 times

Advertisements

I want Robert Downey Jr. In there somewhere. Maybe as Dean Martin. I wonder if Scorsese is going for when Peter Lawford and Joey Bishop were with the others. Sammy Davis Jr. might be the hardest to come up with. He seemed rather small in stature. Jack Black for Joey Bishop, both comedians ??
I thought about Bradley Cooper as Sinatra. He has some blue eyes,but I don't know if he is worthy.

These guys are all contemporaries. The only time in my life I didn't pick Johnny Depp.

On Ellen D. talk show, Depp said he would rather eat a bag of worms than dance, but said he would if he had to. I read that J Phoenix said he would never do that again,after filming as Johnny Cash. Don't really know what he meant about that. I didn't seel that movie, did he really sing?

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 11:32 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Martin Scorsese has talked about doing a Frank Sinatra biopic for a long time now. If it ever gets off the ground, who would you choose to play Sinatra as well as the other members of the Rat Pack?

Scorsese Wants Pacino & De Niro For Sinatra Biopic

I love Scorsese but Pacino is too old. Leonardo di Caprio. Great actor. Good age.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:21 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,581,120 times
For looks, I think James Franco could be the young, skinny Frank. And what about Michael Bublé for a slightly older, pudgier one? No matter who they pick, they might end up dubbing the songs anyway.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:41 AM

19,528 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Quote:
I also think they're too old.

Johnny Depp has been one of the names floating around. I could possibly see that. DiCaprio is strong though he bears absolutely no resemblance to Ol' Blue Eyes. George Clooney is allegedly vying for the role too. I just can't picture him playing Sinatra. He's smooth but not that smooth.

Although Joaquin Phoenix doesn't really have the look, he definitely has the talent. He was awesome in Walk the Line where he played Johnny Cash.
I can almost see Sir Anthony Hopkins playing Sinatra in the older years.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:37 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
How bout Frank Jr., playing the older Frank, not sure who for younger Frank.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:23 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,989,046 times
For the older Sinatra, there's only one choice, lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3-2Z2rmG0w

Old 12-07-2014, 12:12 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Going by looks alone, Justin Theroux could play Peter Lawford or MAYBE Dean Martin. George Clooney could also do Dean Martin, but can these guys sing? And George Clooney may be out of the film business now; not sure.

Chazz Palminteri for...Joey Bishop?
Justin Timberlake for....Peter Lawford?
Sinatra is a tough one -- maybe Ronan Farrow can break out of his dull TV shtick if he can sing, dance, and act, like picklejuice suggested.

I'll get hit over the head for this, but I thought of Harry Styles (or another one in that group) as a young Sinatra. At least they can sing, but can they act? That's the tough part -- finding a group of guys today who can pull off that kind of chemistry those five had. I can't think of anyone for Sammy Davis, Jr.

Agree Pacino and De Niro are too old, and everyone would be thinking, "All I can see is Pacino and De Niro trying to play these people."

Old 12-08-2014, 05:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
who would you choose to play Sinatra
Mark Ruffalo.

Sinatra was a very complicated man. And he looked at people like his eyes were boring into their souls. You have to have an actor who can convey the essence of Sinatra and yank the audience's heart out while on screen. Ruffalo. In a heartbeat.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:19 PM

828 posts, read 908,442 times
Huge Sinatra fan here.

Not sure who I could "trust" to play him. DiCaprio is a fine artist and he seems to take his craft extremely seriously. I don't know who else.

Please don't let them mess this one up. I wish they wouldn't, but of course they will

Old 12-09-2014, 03:21 AM

19,528 posts, read 9,543,957 times
I know of someone that has the singing voice down pat - anyone remember the "America's Got Talent" show when Martin Landau Eugene Murphy Jr auditioned? Too bad that's where the similarities end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies