Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 10:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

One of these:

!. The Contender
2. Mission Impossible 2
3. Spanglish
4. Paycheck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 10:53 AM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
have to agree here too.... some overhyped films are a sad disappointment. I must be sad but Ive never watched any of the Star Wars films.. saw wee bits of one but not my thing, or maybe I didnt give them a chance..
My late father was never a sci-fi fan and didn't see any of the Star Wars movies. But when they did the re-release in the late 90s, and the original one ("A New Hope") played at this grand old movie palace that I knew would take him back to the theaters of his day, I managed to talk him into seeing it. And guess what? He really enjoyed it!

Old 06-12-2015, 08:08 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Wall E
No! (I saw it on video YEARS after it came out and loved it.)

Old 06-12-2015, 08:11 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I so hated Clockwork Orange; had to wait in the lobby while my ex finished (and enjoyed) watching it. Yes, I am old!
I must be your age. One of my college roommates became so upset while watching it that she left the theater and also waited in the lobby. Today I don't think I could handle that kind of violence on film.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:56 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
The Big Blue

Old 09-19-2015, 06:27 PM

8,046 posts, read 10,638,176 times
The Blair Witch Project. Thankfully, it was at the drive-in and just part of a double feature, but geesh, what a joke.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:23 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,558,235 times
I'll jump in on The Blair witch project too. Stupid, just plain stupid movie.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:43 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
STAR WARS, EPISODE 1

1. Boring as hell...
2. an annoyingly faux cute kid as Anakin Skywalker (should have been Haley Joel Osmunt. Has George Lucas never heard of foreshadowing?).
3. a bizarre pedophilia vibe from a much older Amadalia...
4. Samuel Jackson tragically miscast as a mother Fu------ Jedi Knight...
5. Jedi's who say quite uninspiring things like "I didn't come here to free slaves (how hard would it have been to turn the writing around so that Obi Wan wants to stick to the mission and Qui Gon, the older, wiser Jedi says something inspiring like: "There is always time to right injustice!"
6. Boring as hell (yeah, I know I already said it, but it is worth saying twice)...
7. An endlessly long Ben Hur rip off scene no one wanted
8. All kinds of crappy nods to contemporary politics and George Lucas' personal value system
9. The force is a bacteria
10. Non violence in a violent movie- the main battle is between robots and frogs! Who the hell cares?
11. Anakin is Jesus Christ or something
12. JAR JAR BINKS: Half frog, half rasta man, all crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Escape from LA. I thought it was going to be as good as Escape From NY and it was awful. Walked out halfway through.

I honestly felt betrayed by John Carpenter. His hardcore fans supported him for years after he had lost his touch. Did he really have to make a mockery of one of our favorites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I so hated Clockwork Orange; had to wait in the lobby while my ex finished (and enjoyed) watching it.

Yes, I am old!

Agree on Transformers and Blair Witch, too!
A Clockwork Orange is a tough one to watch because of the extreme, in-your-face sexual violence. The book was not so sex obsessed. It would have helped if Kubrick would have bothered to explain what "A Clockwork Orange" meant in the context of the movie, but I guess a little thing like a theme was just not important to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I don't remember the title, it came out in 96 or 97. Steven Seagal on an oil rig. Terrible movie. We were pregnant, it was winter, and we were desperate to get out of the house. My husband enjoys the martial arts so I sat through it.
You had me at Steven Seagal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Borat!
I sincerely hope Sascha Baron Cohen dies. An awful, despicable man who hurts people and uses racsim, and thinks that we are suppossed to laugh at it. I will laugh the day someone punche shim in the face or worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
One of these:

!. The Contender
2. Mission Impossible 2
3. Spanglish
4. Paycheck
Spanglish was the most bizarre film I have ever seen. It almsot depicted a liberal fantasy world in which illegal immigration is celebrated, women dominate men, and men are not interested in sex. To this day, I have no idea what screwy chromosomes were inside the writer of this one.

Last edited by cachibatches; 09-19-2015 at 10:10 PM..

Old 09-19-2015, 10:11 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,607,521 times
Lord of the Rings. Fell asleep early on.

Loved Howard's End and The English Patient.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:51 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,728,000 times
Forrest Gump.

In fact I did walk out. I was staggered later on when it won an academy award for Best Picture. Egad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies