Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 12:48 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,307,727 times

Advertisements

Amazon for me.

CD Universe sells dvds, too, but so far I've bought only music so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 10:19 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,013,729 times
Amazon is the first place I look and it usually delivers; having a regionless player in the cluster vastly increases my selection from them.

Hastings is the next place I look and since they are in town, I might go directly to the store to talk to a human if I really want/need something..........but the last time that happened was back in 2007 or so.

Target of opportunity is always 1/2 Price and I get oodles from them and the once in now a great while video store closing. When Blockbuster closed in this town, 4-5 years back, I picked up a lot from them........and found out one of the reasons why they went out of business.

Take a TV series like "War of the Worlds" where a season volume might include two disks. Well, they were then further dividing that into a disk in one box and a disk in another box. If one was cheating their customer like that, to get them to have to double rent an item, they probably deserve to go off the deep end.

As far as why the physical, it's back to "Shelf, I'm BOR-ED! What entertainment can you offer me tonight?". Looking at a collection of titles in front of me is much more effective, like "The Witches of Eastwick" last Saturday after coming from a day of dive ops in cold water, rain, and sucking mud. Much more effective than looking at a list of titles on a screen.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:54 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,300,830 times
I compare between eBay and Amazon. Also local used bookstores have DVDs. I browse, then price check on my phone to see which is the best option. I only buy full price from Target or Walmart if it is something the little one MUST have right away.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:57 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,561,291 times
Amazon.smile for me too. I just type in the title I want, and up they come. Quick delivery too, and the prices are reasonable.

Pawn shops are good places to browse for even cheaper movies. One about 10 miles away from here
charges 5.00 for 3 movies. They only take in recent movies as pawn, so if you're looking for a classic, it won't be found there, but a great way to catch some new releases.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:04 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,845,569 times
deepdiscountdvd.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies