Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 08:17 PM

86 posts, read 56,224 times

Advertisements

I really like Charlize Theron. She's beautiful, she's a great actress, and I always like what she brings to a role.

But for a while now, I had always thought that she would have made a great choice as Susan Storm in the Fantastic Four movies, but always wondered why they never cast her for the part. Plus, the way that she looks and the shape of her head(and of course I mean that in the nicest way), I always thought that she resembled Jack Kirby's Sue Storm from the 1960's.

https://g1rm.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/ff-51-3.png

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...may0422009.jpg

But I'm assuming that it will be a while before they bring the First Family of Marvel back to the big screen, but if they ever consider casting Charlize Theron, they need to do it soon because she is not getting any younger. And even though she will continue to look good in her 40's, they would probably have to tweek the story a little bit and make Sue be around Reed's age, while perhaps, Johnny could be something like her 10 year younger brother.

But so far, that's my only idea for casting an actor in the next Fantastic Four movie, therefore, does anyone else have any ideas or any comments about casting Charlize Theron?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 09:38 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,986,654 times
I started this thread under my former screen name, but I wanted to continue it after recently reading this article not too long ago: Fantastic Four: Simon Kinberg Explains Why Movie Didn't Work | Collider where producer Simon Kinberg said:

Whatever the case, the casting for Fantastic Four was spot on, and I’d certainly like to see these actors get another chance. Although now that Michael B. Jordan has joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Black Panther, it’ll be interesting to see the actor tackle two major Marvel characters at the same time.

Plus, in this article: Fantastic Four Producer Explains Failure; Says it’s Still “A Big Part of the Plan” Kinberg also said:

Admittedly, the film’s remarkable and talented cast was one of the most exciting things leading up to Fantastic Four’s release, but retaining the actors seems like a choice that would automatically continue the story, world, and tone established in a movie that many fans would prefer to forget.

Therefore, it seems kind of like it's a 'maybe, if' that the cast of the recent FF movie might return for the next FF movie. Although, personally, I really didn't like recent FF movie or the cast of that movie, and I just think that it's kind of strange that even though most(if not all) of the failed Marvel movies were scrapped and they started over with a new cast and new ideas. But for some reason, Kinberg seems to think that holding on to this cast might be a good idea. Although, why didn't they keep the Ioan Gruffudd, Michael Chiklis cast and just change the tone or writing with the early 2000s FF movies?

But anyway, getting back to the thread topic, I would like to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the new Reed Richards. He sort of looks like Reed Richards from the 60s comic book, plus he's kind of around the right age for Richards:

But the whole young college kid Reed Richards was just a bad idea in my opinion.

But as far as any ideas for a new Ben Grimm or Johnny Storm, I haven't come up with any yet.

Also, I'm sure that there are others here who have some opinions concerning this, however, I know that you all are just being shy.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:04 AM

Ha, ha! I just found these two pictures on the internet of Jeffrey Dean Morgan(notice the hair):

and Reed Richards from the comic books:

Old 08-19-2016, 10:14 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,481 times
You need to remove the quote marks from your inline URLs for them to work here.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:18 AM

Also, it's interesting what you can get when you google:

Taken from this website:

Fantastic Four Dreamcast - Album on Imgur

Old 08-19-2016, 10:36 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,481 times

Okay, I was wrong. I don't know what's going on in your second post.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post

Okay, I was wrong. I don't know what's going on in your second post.

Actually, what it is is that I am a new poster(actually, an old, new poster ) and I need something like 15 posts before I can post links.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:03 AM

From the imgur website, Earthknight1 said: "Love Morgan but he's not the Reed Richards type guy." He or she is probably right because I once saw an interview with Morgan and he's more of a laid back, good ole' boy type of guy rather than an intellectual type of guy...however, that's why they call it "acting."

Old 08-19-2016, 11:09 AM

Also, I know that I have been criticized for being concerned about actors' looks, however, in thinking about the casting of Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth, I think that their resemblance to Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, and Thor has something to do with the success of their Marvel movies.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:39 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,256,756 times
Two points:

Any studio that greenlights more FF movies is going to want a franchise, not a movie. Which means they are thinking in terms of a 3-4 movie commitment from actors, which entails 10-15 years of work. As much as I applaud the idea of casting actual adults rather than teens and twentysomethings, keep in mind that if you cast an actor in his or her mid forties for the first movie and it's a huge hit, he or she is going to be pushing sixty by the time the last movie rolls around.

Given the nature of the FF, the movies ought to be animated, not live action. Three live-action attempts have not worked. You know what they say about trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Make the FF a big animated movie. Based on voice talent, I would cast:

Reed Richards --- Bryan Cranston
Susan Storm --- Linda Hamilton
Johnny Storm --- No clue
Benjamin Grimm --- Ron Perlman (I would donate body parts to make this happen)

Victor von Doom --- Peter Dinklage
Mole Man --- Weird Al Yankovic
Galactus --- Arnold Schwarzennegger
Silver Surfer --- Idris Elba
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies