Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 03:48 PM

7 posts, read 3,562 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone !
I'm looking for the title of an american movie.
It's a comedy from the 60s or 70s.
The main character is a mother.

This is the only sequence which I perfectly remember:
She enters her building
call the elevator. Men come out. They move furniture and she helps them out all the furniture.
Then she takes the elevator up to her floor.
There she realizes she has been
burgled and she helped thieves
out its own affairs.
It is perhaps with Doris Day or an actress
of the same generation and the same mold.

That's it for me.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Sorry for my English,
I am french !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 06:29 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
If no one answers I recommend asking over at imdb.com in the community section. There is an I need to Know subforum to ask about older shows/movies,etc.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:24 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Is it this one -
The Twelve Chairs (1970) - IMDb

Or among these - !
IMDb: AB's Top Classic & Screwball Comedies: - a list by abcj-2

Or among these - ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_comedy_films
Here, just jump to the year(s) you think might be familiar, or they may give you ideas about who the female actress was -- if it was Doris Day, you can go through this list to check out each one:IMDb: Doris Day Films - a list by Sabrina Nieva

Was it in color, black-and-white? Can you describe the woman, what she looked like, color of hair, how tall, her style of clothing, would it be '50s or '60s, if you can recall?

Hope you find it!

Old 08-02-2016, 03:08 AM

Thank you for your advices.

I had already had a look at wikipedia comedy films list
but I founded nothing.
I'll check Doris Day films list.

The movie was in color. She was a typicall american mother, 30 - 40 years old.
Hair style ? I can't remember. The atmosphere of the comedy, and the look of the building
is around 1965 - 1975.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:16 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,146,969 times
Jean Authur, Easy Living (1937)

Old 02-12-2017, 04:03 PM

Thank you. But for now, I don' find it.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:58 AM

Hello. That's it ! I found it for myself by reading titles and film summaries. It's "The Prisoner of Second Avenue" (1975) by Melvin Frank, with Jack Lemmon and Anne Bancroft. She's not a mother, but a housewife...
Quote:
The story revolves around the escalating problems of a middle-aged couple living on Second Avenue on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York City. Mel Edison, the main character, has just lost his job after many years and now has to cope with being unemployed at middle age during an economic recession. The action occurs during an intense summer heat wave and a prolonged garbage strike, which exacerbates Edison's plight as he and his wife Edna deal with noisy neighbors, loud sounds emanating from Manhattan streets up to their apartment, and even a broad-daylight burglary of their apartment. Mel eventually suffers a nervous breakdown and it is up to the loving care of his brother Harry, his sisters, and Edna to restore him to a firm reality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pri..._Second_Avenue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies