Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 02:02 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,625,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Saw this on Facebook by a Catholic friend (I am Catholic too). Pretty cool, and can’t be a coincidence. Likely one of the original comic writers was Catholic or saw a model of this and used it as inspiration for the gauntlet design.
Jim Starlin is the creator of Thanos (a commissioned knockoff of DC's Darkseid) and the Infinity Gauntlet. He also has a cameo in the film.

The main difference(s) between Endgame and the Infinity Gauntlet miniseries is that in the latter, Thanos is infatuated with the Marvel embodiment of death, a hooded figure named Mistress Death. Adam Warlock is the hero who leads the charge against Thanos after he wipes out fifty percent of universal life. But then Nebula makes off with the Gauntlet and (wait for it) Thanos aids the heroes in taking her down. At the end, Adam Warlock is the one who uses the Gauntlet to undo cosmic genocide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 03:29 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,346,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
It’s going to be hard to ever explain how a group as big and powerful as the X-men/Mutants were never mentioned/ encountered when they are weaved into the MCU. More than likely it will require a story remake or a really big plot hole that fans just have to accept for the sake of entertainment.
There you go, they can just redo all the previous 22 movies in a massive reboot and add X-men/Mutants and make 10's of billions of dollars more!

Old 04-29-2019, 03:57 PM

Please do.

https://twitter.com/ScottMendelson/s...79190661918720

Old 04-29-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
There you go, they can just redo all the previous 22 movies in a massive reboot and add X-men/Mutants and make 10's of billions of dollars more!
The path will not be identical, but mark my words: In twenty-odd years, or sooner, they WILL revisit the Infinity Gauntlet saga — this time with Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer and the rest of the heroes in tow.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:02 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,094,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I'm unable to rep you again for that, but I agree with you 100%.

There's no way Plywood Danvers is the "new face of the MCU." People like Hemsworth and Pratt too much, too.
LOL. She was awful in Avengers. Not sure how she won that Oscar. Also, that short hair cut looked really bad on her. Hopefully, they introduce Rogue to kill her character.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:29 PM

28,682 posts, read 18,816,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
I suspected they would exercise their SJW "wokefullness". I'm out - once again. Inches closer to a complete Hollywood boycott.
Actually, there is a whole lot more for SJWs to hate than to love in Endgame. A whole lot more.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:49 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,970,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Actually, there is a whole lot more for SJWs to hate than to love in Endgame. A whole lot more.
If I see ample confirmation of that I may give it a chance. I do have several pre-purchased movie tickets to use.

I just don't pay to watch SJW virtue signaling.

Old 04-29-2019, 05:05 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,094,472 times
Quote:
I suspected they would exercise their SJW "wokefullness". I'm out - once again. Inches closer to a complete Hollywood boycott.
I feel they are going to do a female Tony Stark via his daughter, a female hawkeye via his daughter, maybe a female thor, etc

Old 04-29-2019, 05:44 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,885,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I feel they are going to do a female Tony Stark via his daughter, a female hawkeye via his daughter, maybe a female thor, etc
There are also rumors that Shuri will take over the Iron Man female role, although I don’t think they would make her a carbon copy. I think they would have to do it more subtlety.

They’re not going to make a female Hawkeye or a female Thor. That’s a ridiculous idea that makes no sense, and they have never hinted at that.

Old 04-29-2019, 05:49 PM

28,682 posts, read 18,816,352 times
Quote:
If I see ample confirmation of that I may give it a chance. I do have several pre-purchased movie tickets to use.

I just don't pay to watch SJW virtue signaling.
Wait until you see what The Mary Sue website has to say about it.

From a radical feminist viewpoint, the first problem is that there were any effective male heroes at all, and especially that the male characters did most of the heavy lifting of the story.

They'll be ticced that Black Widow was killed off. They'll be ticced that she didn't get a funeral equal or better than Stark's.

They'll be ticced that there were several scenes with all the male characters doing business with no female characters.

They'll be ticced that the role of Captain Marvel was significantly reduced from expectations. They'll be ticced that none of the other female characters got much significant play or air time compared to the male characters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies