Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 05:56 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,594,265 times

Advertisements

I found it good funny but it wasn’t that great in my opinion.

Spoiler
I’m not a fan of the whole time travel storyline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 06:12 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Jim Starlin is the creator of Thanos (a commissioned knockoff of DC's Darkseid) and the Infinity Gauntlet. He also has a cameo in the film.

The main difference(s) between Endgame and the Infinity Gauntlet miniseries is that in the latter, Thanos is infatuated with the Marvel embodiment of death, a hooded figure named Mistress Death. Adam Warlock is the hero who leads the charge against Thanos after he wipes out fifty percent of universal life. But then Nebula makes off with the Gauntlet and (wait for it) Thanos aids the heroes in taking her down. At the end, Adam Warlock is the one who uses the Gauntlet to undo cosmic genocide.
Yup. I know Adam Warlock was central in the original Infinity Gauntlet series. I know they teased him in GG2, but I think they had too much to tie up to be able to introduce him in Endgame.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:12 PM

662 posts, read 313,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolin01 View Post
Lot of hate on this thread but I guess I'm an uncultured slob because I thought the jokes were great, action was awesome and loved the movie overall.
Totally agree. Its not perfect, but I was so satisfied with the overall story and ending that its as close as any movie has ever been for me. Saw it Thursday night, again Friday, and am going to see it again this Friday.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:18 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
There are also rumors that Shuri will take over the Iron Man female role, although I don’t think they would make her a carbon copy. I think they would have to do it more subtlety.

They’re not going to make a female Hawkeye or a female Thor. That’s a ridiculous idea that makes no sense, and they have never hinted at that.
Hawkeye was pretty much teaching his daughter how to shoot.

A female thor has been done in the comics. Maybe the Valkerie chick would wield the hammer.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:28 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,615,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
And like her dad, she's using bad form. Seven years later and they still haven't corrected that in these movies.

"Archery expert: Avengers pics prove Hawkeye is a terrible archer"

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/archery_expert_avengers_p

Old 04-29-2019, 06:39 PM

12,385 posts, read 8,141,466 times
Quote:

A female thor has been done in the comics. Maybe the Valkerie chick would wield the hammer.
She was just catching slaves for the gladiator pit. It may be a while before she is deemed worthy

Old 04-29-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:

I know there has been a female Thor in the comics, as well as She Hulk, but I seriously doubt they'll go in that direction anytime soon. There are way too many original female characters to explore, especially with the Xmen, than to go the direction of female counterparts to current characters. Just because Hawkeye is teaching his daughter to shoot a bow and arrow doesn't mean they are going to make her a female Hawkeye. I guess they'll make Ant Man's daughter the female Ant Man too, right????

Old 04-29-2019, 07:07 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,615,558 times
Ouch.

https://twitter.com/michaeljknowles/...99377226280960

Old 04-29-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That's one review out of hundreds of thousands. Why would one bad review hurt so much? For any blockbuster movie, tv show, concert, etc, there will be someone (many people) who rate it bad, no matter how good it actually is.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:30 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:

Valkyrie wouldn't be able to wield Mjolner because she isn't pure of heart.

I suspect we'll see her prominently in the next Captain Marvel movie. She might become an Avenger.

There's also a chance of Monica Rambeau appearing as Photon in the next Captain Marvel movie--the first movie hinted that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies