Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2019, 11:54 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,638,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The Avengers as cast in the 90s.

Rather cute. Except for the choice for Cap, the choices are practically obvious.

I'd switch the actors for Cap and Thor.

And I wonder how many people today even remember that David Hasselhoff actually did play Nick Fury in a made-for-TV movie in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7nFYKC1qQc
Van Damme? Hahahaha! No. If there's any role that should be played by an American actor, it's Captain America. I don't think JCVD is a fit as Thor, either.

No to Gellar, either. Never cared for her.

Everyone else? Not bad at all. Some even resemble their counterparts more than the current cast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 12:06 PM

22,954 posts, read 28,358,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Van Damme? Hahahaha! No. If there's any role that should be played by an American actor, it's Captain America. I don't think JCVD is a fit as Thor, either.

No to Gellar, either. Never cared for her.

Everyone else? Not bad at all. Some even resemble their counterparts more than the current cast.
I'd have Pitt play Captain America, and if I had to cast Thor (even though I'd rather scrap him altogether), I'd just tell Ahnuld to get his old Conan wig out and start swinging a hammer. Ahnuld's Austrian accent would actually compliment the character more than Hemsworth's fake British accent.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:35 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,878,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
If I remember correctly, they also did some time travel/ alternate dimension stuff in Agents of SHIELD (part of the MCU). Maybe they could piggyback on one of those plot devices?
Actually, they kept to the same rules. There's no interference in the way they handled time travel between the two.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'd have Pitt play Captain America, and if I had to cast Thor (even though I'd rather scrap him altogether), I'd just tell Ahnuld to get his old Conan wig out and start swinging a hammer. Ahnuld's Austrian accent would actually compliment the character more than Hemsworth's fake British accent.
I thought about Ahnuld as Thor. That would work. But I was keeping within the group of actors that the video author had selected to keep from trying to re-think the entire thing.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:04 PM

22,954 posts, read 28,358,254 times
Quote:
I thought about Ahnuld as Thor. That would work. But I was keeping within the group of actors that the video author had selected to keep from trying to re-think the entire thing.
Any time someone considers casting Van Damme, it's time to rethink.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:20 PM

When did Hemsworth start using a fake Brit accent for Thor?

Old 05-03-2019, 02:07 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,978,282 times
Quote:
The Avengers as cast in the 90s.

Rather cute. Except for the choice for Cap, the choices are practically obvious.

I'd switch the actors for Cap and Thor.

And I wonder how many people today even remember that David Hasselhoff actually did play Nick Fury in a made-for-TV movie in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7nFYKC1qQc
Heh - that is awesome. Reeves and Cruise would be awesome in those roles. Overall I prefer the 90's cast - with Arnold as Thor.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:25 PM

https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/statu...95765558861824

Old 05-03-2019, 06:07 PM

12,416 posts, read 8,209,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
If I remember correctly, they also did some time travel/ alternate dimension stuff in Agents of SHIELD (part of the MCU). Maybe they could piggyback on one of those plot devices?
It was based on "space magic" that Fitz could not replicate like the Avengers/Stark did using Pym/Stark technology. Basically you had to just find the time, space and dimensional travelling monoliths without even having a starting point of where to look, beyond just going through every SHIELD or Hydra warehouse and hoping it was there..

Old 05-03-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
It was based on "space magic" that Fitz could not replicate like the Avengers/Stark did using Pym/Stark technology. Basically you had to just find the time, space and dimensional travelling monoliths without even having a starting point of where to look, beyond just going through every SHIELD or Hydra warehouse and hoping it was there..
But the basic rules and effects appear to be the same, absent the knowledge of of the agents about how the Infinity Stones were continuously keeping the time line unified and unbranched despite the monolith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies