Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 01:49 PM

14,770 posts, read 8,101,600 times

Advertisements

Because my Husband is obsessed with ganster movies evidently he has watched The Godfather films and Goodfellas like a zillions times, since I am in the same house, I have seen them a thousand times or so....or so it seems!

^My Son is a huge Star Wars fans, so I have seen them more times than I can count also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 06:05 PM

9,117 posts, read 6,170,326 times
I've watched 12 Angry Men many times and I always find something new I didn't notice before.

Old 04-04-2023, 05:40 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,978,128 times
Silly Rabbit! It's a favorite because we have stopped counting!

Probably The Empire Strikes Back but also in the counting is Krasnaya palatka (that's The Red Tent to you capitalist exploiters!), Alien, The Spy Who Loved Me, Live and Let Die, The Man with the Golden Gun, and For Your Eyes Only.

Plus, ST II: The Wrath of Khan. Now, note, with that flick, the original as shown at the theatres. The Director's cut with all the emotionalism is a disaster!.......which can probably be said about most DC's.

Old 04-04-2023, 06:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
I luv this question...anything fun I give a Rep to - in this world of serious things.
Haiku Tunnel, eh?

Ok, sometimes in the background as I'm cleaning, cooking to catch a laugh or exciting walking thru a room...
better than CNN on all day.
! on the most often.

Office Space, Contact, Moonstruck!, Defending Your Life!!, Terminator!, Somewhere in Time,
Ghost, About Time, First Star Trek movie with V-ger, ha.
Beetlejuice!, Being There, Eastern Promises, both Boondock Saints!, The Matrix!, Fargo, Devil Wears Prada,
The Philadelphia Experiment, Pepperment, 50 Shades of Gray, Diehard!, Wolf!!, The Family, Lucy!!,
Atlantic City, Desperately Seeking Susan...Schindler's List (kidding).

Old 04-04-2023, 08:18 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,764,531 times
Every Halloween, I watch:

Halloween (the original)
Black Christmas
The Bird With the Crystal Plumage
Full Circle

Every Christmas:
Topper Returns (it's not a Christmas movie per se but movies like these are what I call "cozy" which fits the season.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:50 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,639,973 times
I don't think I've seen any movie more than 3-4 times. My favorite movies are Sully, Fargo, the Bohemian Rhapsody. If there's nothing else to watch on a flight, I usually end up watching the Devil Wears Prada (they always seem to have it).

Old 04-04-2023, 09:44 AM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times
Ushers in movie theatres during the late 1960s/early 1970s probably saw more movies repeatedly than just about anyone. During my brief stint as one I found myself able to recite entire dialogs. I can only imagine an usher who had to watch "E.T." for the length of a run of a year or more at a theatre.

I've seen "Stunt Man" well over a hundred times. The Jungian implications and the performances were entrancing to me. "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" is probably a close second. By now, both are so entrenched in memory that watching is no longer as interesting.

Some movies are designed to be seen multiple times, a few actually pull that off. Most are a one-time run through the plot and done.

Old 04-04-2023, 02:04 PM

9,117 posts, read 6,170,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Ushers in movie theatres during the late 1960s/early 1970s probably saw more movies repeatedly than just about anyone. During my brief stint as one I found myself able to recite entire dialogs. I can only imagine an usher who had to watch "E.T." for the length of a run of a year or more at a theatre.

I've seen "Stunt Man" well over a hundred times. The Jungian implications and the performances were entrancing to me. "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" is probably a close second. By now, both are so entrenched in memory that watching is no longer as interesting.

Some movies are designed to be seen multiple times, a few actually pull that off. Most are a one-time run through the plot and done.

That's funny. Very few movies actually have a plot any more.

Old 04-04-2023, 02:14 PM

10,106 posts, read 1,023,299 times
The Wizard of OZ

Old 04-04-2023, 03:32 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,532 times
It is probably "Bringing Up Baby" or "Gone With The Wind". I love classic movies and definitely have my favorites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies