Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 06:44 PM

8,858 posts, read 6,856,075 times

Advertisements

You're right that not everything needs to be explained. But I do like it to make sense...100 deer congregating doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 07:50 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,542,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
You're right that not everything needs to be explained. But I do like it to make sense...100 deer congregating doesn't make sense.
I don't know about that?? I swear I saw that many congregating on the side of the Garden State Parkway while driving North tonight.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:34 PM

28,665 posts, read 18,775,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I don't know about that?? I swear I saw that many congregating on the side of the Garden State Parkway while driving North tonight.
I'll bet they weren't staring you down.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:03 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,542,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'll bet they weren't staring you down.
They might have been. Hard to tell in the dark.

However I did have a bazaar animal experience a couple years back. There is a large oak tree behind my condo. It was winter so the branches were bare. I happened to look up to see that just about every branch had a squirrel sitting on it just staring at me. I did not try to count them, but there was a lot. Very spooky and Hitchcock'ish. I wish I had had my phone with me to take a picture.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:53 AM

28,665 posts, read 18,775,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
They might have been. Hard to tell in the dark.
That was actually a herd with a leader about to make a road-crossing decision. I've seen the same thing in Pennsylvania. Some moments after you passed, they made that decision...hopefully they all made it across the road.

Quote:
However I did have a bazaar animal experience a couple years back. There is a large oak tree behind my condo. It was winter so the branches were bare. I happened to look up to see that just about every branch had a squirrel sitting on it just staring at me. I did not try to count them, but there was a lot. Very spooky and Hitchcock'ish. I wish I had had my phone with me to take a picture.
I've had a "The Birds" moment with grackles down here in Texas. Stopped at Home Depot at dawn one brisk morning, and when I walked out, at least a hundred grackles were sitting on and around my minivan...and nowhere else in the parking lot. It looked pretty ominous, but most likely they were attracted by the heat still emanating from the engine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies