Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:19 PM

973 posts, read 3,304,759 times

Advertisements

Have you succumbed to irrational fear brought on by too many scary movies???????

So when it's dark and you are getting ready for bed, does it ever cross your mind that something really could lurk under the bed?

Do you ever wake up and realize your hand is dangling over the side of the bed and inch it back away from the edge?

Does driving down a dark and foggy road give you pause and make you wonder what's out there?

Does the music from the movie "Halloween" just make your heart jump?

After watching a particularly scary movie, do you find yourself checking the doors and windows, poking into the closet, etc...before going to bed.

I have this thing about attics. After watching "The Grudge" I always get a little whisper of dread whenever I need to poke my head up into the attic. The light ALWAYS goes before me.
Not a fan of dark basements either. And those CLOWNS! LOL!!!!!

What is your irrational fear?

What movie gave you the heebie jeebies so bad that you think of it whenever you do something like turn out the light, drive down a foggy road, go down the steps of a dark basement, etc.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 12:22 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
Ever since watching The Ring I've had an irrational fear of small zombified Japanese girls.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:28 PM

749 posts, read 2,771,821 times
Ever since Jaws, I dont like deep water, especially murky water

Old 11-10-2008, 02:37 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Yeah...I won't swim in the ocean if I can't see what's in the water. Jaws. That pretty much just leaves those tropical beaches with the clear water (Hawaii, Carib, Bali, etc). Then I go nuts and you can't get me out of the water! But forget California, Florida, etc. Also used to creep me out to be in the pool by myself with no one around b/c of Jaws...ridiculous idea of pool sharks. I got over that.

If I'm spending the night home alone, I do check under the bed and in the closet before going to sleep. And I make sure one of the guns is at the bedside table with one round chambered, dog in the room, and door barricaded. Not sure why...don't remember a movie about that. There was that ghost story from middle school about the psycho mental guy under the bed who licked the girl's hand (she thought it was her dog).

After watching 28 Days Later, I was really aware of how many windows we have...creeped me out.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:10 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,274 times
I can't remember the name of it - but it was about an earwig bug that goes in this guys ear, borrows through his head and goes out the other ear. Then he learns that it laid eggs in his brain and he starts going nuts. To this day, I make sure my ear is covered with something before I go to sleep.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:48 PM

60 posts, read 285,425 times
I would definitely say that this fear is irrational and even though I don't believe in it anymore, I still get the chills when going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The only scene I remember from the entire movie when I was young was:

The little boy goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night but when he turns the light on the toilet starts talking. I mean the toilet had eyes, a mouth (meaning the toilet lid flapped open to talk) and a huge mustache. And the toilet tries to eat him whole.

I know it sounds hilarious but as a child I was so terrified that my toilet would come to life at night, complete with a huge mustache and kill me if I tried to go to the bathroom! >.<

Old 11-10-2008, 06:53 PM

168 posts, read 787,663 times
I do not have an irrational fear of clowns now, but I saw the movie IT at way too early of an age and it messed me up for several years!

That clown is insane!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:12 PM

461 posts, read 1,449,707 times
I have a serious fear of the basement. I can't think of any horror movies that caused it, I've just been afraid of basements as long as I can remember. I was afraid of the woods at night for quite a while after Blair Witch, which really sucked since at that time my whole back yard was basically woods.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:00 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,934,076 times
I shudder when I see a flock of crows or other birds take off all at once. I was scared to death by the Alfred Hitchcock movie "The Birds". Some stupid babysitter let me watch it at a tender age.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:05 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
I can't remember the name of it - but it was about an earwig bug that goes in this guys ear, borrows through his head and goes out the other ear. Then he learns that it laid eggs in his brain and he starts going nuts. To this day, I make sure my ear is covered with something before I go to sleep.
I believe that was an episode from "Night Gallery" (great show)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies