Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 AM

7,121 posts, read 5,237,509 times

Advertisements

I sound so shallow, but this is my favorite movie and has been since I saw it when I was @17. It's the perfect film to me, and I've watched it (among others, of course) more than 100 times: Romeo and Juliet (1968).

I'm not certain I can put into words what this film and its music have done for me. I cannot find a flaw in it, and I know it's unusual to find a film that remains consistent for such a length of time. It's like a medieval tapestry that has come to life. The colors are jewellike, adding so much to it. Of course, the cast is wonderful! Back then, all of the girls were in love with Leonard Whiting, and all of the boys thought that Olivia Hussey was the perfect girl. The rest of the cast was wonderful, too, including Michael York, John McEnery, Milo O'Shea and Pat Heywood. Nearly every movie still I've seen could be framed as a work of art. The music by Nino Rota is perfect, and it was a very popular soundtrack. The movie held such a fascination for us that they released a second soundtrack, this one with some of the dialogue. But, that wasn't enough, for us, so they released the COMPLETE soundtrack in a multi-record box set! Now, has that ever been done before or since for a movie? I recall my allowance going toward that for many weeks, and I still have the albums~all three~as well as every bit of memorabilia I've collected throughout the years. Even last year, I added items to my collection when I'm at an age that I should be letting go of it.

I know I'm not the only one from my generation who has remained devoted to this film. I've discovered that while online for the past several years.

I know I've done a terrible job of explaining my devotion. However, some things I am embarrassed to write about. You'd think, "What a silly girl and now old woman."

By the way, I began attending Renaissance faires many years ago. I always thought that it would be so nice to have a garb-only day. Shut the tourists out, and let the "playtrons" have their day wandering about, perhaps even providing lights for the evening. I do think "Romeo and Juliet" influenced a lot of us.

Final words: "Romeo and Juliet" should have won, not "Oliver!"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6nYKmD5WX4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 AM

247 posts, read 266,833 times
The Mummy - 1999

Such a great movie during my childhood. Great storyline, actors and just overall experience watching it.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM

9,826 posts, read 11,585,908 times
Little Children staring Patrick Wilson Kate Winslet.
The movie Centers around when a stay at Mom has an affair with a stay at home dad.
This movie deals with a lot of problems in today's married relationships.Patrick Wilson is a stay at home dad who feels inadequate,because he's not the bread winner.Kate Winslet is house wife annoyed with her cheating husband and is self absorbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies