Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:38 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times

Advertisements

This topic may have been touched on, but what movies have you walked out on because they were so terrible you didn't want to spend 2 hours of your life watching it?

For me:

Demolition Man

The Matrix 3

Rudy

Miami Vice

The Illusionist

Incredible Hulk (The Eric Bana version)

Troy (loved the bod, Brad, but sorry!)

Alexander (love Colin Farrell, but please!)

Hellboy 2

And I can't remember the name of this one, but it had Chris O'Donnell and Rene Zelweger in it, a cheesy romance comedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 09:42 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
This topic may have been touched on, but what movies have you walked out on because they were so terrible you didn't want to spend 2 hours of your life watching it?

For me:

Demolition Man

The Matrix 3

Rudy

Miami Vice

The Illusionist

Incredible Hulk (The Eric Bana version)

Troy (loved the bod, Brad, but sorry!)

Alexander (love Colin Farrell, but please!)

Hellboy 2

And I can't remember the name of this one, but it had Chris O'Donnell and Rene Zelweger in it, a cheesy romance comedy.
Jeez, you waste a lot of money. I'll be damned if I pay to see the thing and don't either sit through it or go to another movie in the theater. Some of the films you listed were bad but none bad enough to walk out on, IMHO.

The one you can't remember is The Bachelor (1999). Can't beleive Hal Holbrook stooped to being in this crappy movie.

I did walk out on the new version of The Stepford Wives but only because my wife was sick.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
"The Ark" a Russian movie in Russian with subtitles. Beautifully shot but one of the most boring , pretentious film I have ever seen ( or not as it happens).
I left and 2 thirds of the audience followed...

I wish I had walked out of "Indiana Jones and the crystal skulls" and "Sweeney Todd" but I was with friends.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
None recently because I hate paying the prices to go to a movie but in the past

Star Wars (original) sorry hated it

Fatherhood (Patrick Swayze)

O Brother Where Art Thou

Old 02-10-2009, 11:22 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
I have rarely gone to see a movie in the theater that was bad. I dont get to go often and I choose movies I know I am going to like.

But, if it ever came up that a movie was that bad, I still wouldnt walk out. Even when a movie is bad, I cant stand not knowing how it ends.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 AM

16,671 posts, read 17,435,450 times
Munich, not because it was necesarilly a bad film but being a dad with a teenage daughter couldn't bear to stay on knowing this girl was probably about to be blown up.

Oops- what button have I hit? Didn't mean to go to italics.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:27 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
I just thought of one that I did walk out on that was bad. Indiana Jones IV. We had a company meeting at a theater and they showed it afterwards. I didn't feel bad about walking out since I didn't pay to see it.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:32 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Why don't you guys read the reviews about a movie BEFORE you go?

The only one I've ever felt like walking out on was RV with Robin Williams, the most wretched bit of dreck ever. I only went because my kids wanted to see it. I felt like suing somebody afterwards.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:34 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Just two, The Brothers and some Mr. Bean movie. They were excruciating to watch, I couldn't take it anymore. The last Indiana Jones movie was pretty darn close. In fact, I probably would have walked out had I not been with my son.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:36 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Why don't you guys read the reviews about a movie BEFORE you go?

The only one I've ever felt like walking out on was RV with Robin Williams, the most wretched bit of dreck ever. I only went because my kids wanted to see it. I felt like suing somebody afterwards.
B'c I've seen several bad reviews on movies I loved. I don't put any stock in critics babblings. You need to judge for yourself.

I saw RV trailers and thought it looked really stupid so I never went to see it. I haven't seen it still. I'll have to try to catch it on cable and see just how bad it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies