Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 01:39 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,237,341 times

Advertisements

Never have been a fan of the Bond movies.
Or the Karate movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
The Third Man - I looked forward to seeing this for years, but on doing so I found it rather annoyingly preachy and the music in it (while somewhat interesting in its own right) seemed very much at odds to the movie.

2001: A Space Odyssey - I've tried to watch the whole movie several times, but it throws me off about every time. There are some interesting ideas in it, I think, but individual scenes go on for what seems like eternity while nothing really happens.

Amadeus - Annoying person is killed by a jerk except of course in real history none of it actually happened this way.

Being John Malkovich - I actually liked the first quarter to half of it, but somewhere in the middle its quirkiness started collapsing in on itself for me and threw me off in a big way.

Galaxy Quest - Meh. I like Star Trek and I like parodies of it at times, but it wasn't that great. It's not terrible, but I was lead to believe it'd be better than it was.

The Station Agent - Pleasant, but very dull. A bit like an evening spent with a kindly, but not very communicative, Great-Aunt who lives in the woods. The actors are nice and I loved the scenery, but as I recall nothing happened and it happened pretty slow.

Sideways - An intellectual version of a "bachelor party" story. Although it did one thing I liked, it showed an Armenian Church wedding. I'm interested in the Armenian church and its rich history. Maybe a movie that looks at her and her Armenian family would interest me. (Although what we see of her I think she's probably as shallow as him)

Little Miss Sunshine - I disliked this one quite a lot. The characters irritated me and the pageant was creepy.

A movie that doesn't really fit, but that I liked much less than I expected to, was WALL-E. Although I don't know how to explain it somehow the more active parts on the spaceship kind of bored me, but the more sedate stuff on Earth interested me. Also it being science fiction, rather than pure fantasy, I was hoping it'd be more believable.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 11-09-2009 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: reducing spoilers

Old 11-09-2009, 11:45 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
1) The Sixth Sense
2) Blair Witch Project
3) Dances with Wolves
4) Most Mel Gibson movies! sorry!

Old 11-10-2009, 12:18 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,800 times
Transformers. It's a really bad B movie hidden behind great special effects. Even Megan Fox knows they're bad movies. Watch her interview with Letterman Where she is supposed to be "promoting" Transformers 2.
Actually just about every Michael Bay film (minus The Island) is bad but the public eats his crap up because it's flashy.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:22 AM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
Star Wars. I've tried on several occasions to watch it but I just can't by what's its name r2tdu. I like sci-fi and fantasy - absolutely loved all of the Lord of the Rings. Maybe I'll try Star Wars in another decade.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:32 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,601,876 times
Donnie Darko: This movie tried so hard to be perplexing and different that it just wasn't engaging.

Casablanca: Citizen Kane would've been up here too, but after taking a course on cinema I understand why people heap praise upon it, though it is still a somewhat slow movie. But back to Casablanca, it's not so much that I didn't like it, it's more due to AFI having it in it's top three and me not liking it nearly that much.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings: This movie bored me so much, I didn't even bother with the sequels.

The Bourne Identity: Matt Damon is a totally underwhelming action hero.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:55 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
Raging Bull. Movie critics love it. I think it sort of sucks.
Most other (but not all)Martin Scorcese movies.

Robert Altman movies. MASH was about the only movie he made I liked. His movies are poorly made and are usually boring.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:02 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,324,268 times
For a long time I hated all Al Pacino films, but I've come around on him, much like Brent Musburger.

KEVIN SMITH MOVIES!!! EVERY ONE OF THEM! I WANT TO PUNCH THEM ALL IN THE FACE - - the actors, I mean. You can't punch a movie in the face. But if you could, I would knock Clerks the F out.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Titanic.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Of course this isn't a movie, but I've had people literally gasp at me when I've told them I don't watch the show "The Office". I think it's the most boring show currently on TV. I just don't get the hype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies