Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 04:34 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times

Advertisements

Somewhere In Time. This one makes me cry every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 04:47 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I never sobbed in a movie per say, but I had once a very funny story in regards to Marley and Me.

I was on a plane from LA and to Honolulu, and they decided to play Marley and Me. I was sitting between to women (was flying alone). The movie was great! Until it was time to put the dog down.....When that scene was coming I knew I couldn't handle it, so I took my headphones off and stopped watching. However the two women next to me, and other people on the plane began to sob so bad. It was surreal, all these people crying on the plane.

The lady next to me, called over the flight attendant, because she needed Kleenex because she was crying so much. She then told the flight attendant "why would you guys put on such a sad movie?" the flight attendant responded "yeah I know, this happens every time we play it".

I wasn't laughing then but it was a pretty funny experience when I look book. A plan full of crying adults haha.
I laughed out loud when I read this. I can just picture it. That scene is a killer, for sure.

Spoiler
Million Dollar Baby: We saw it in a theater and, during that crucial scene, I was trying to hold it together, but I just about to the point of sobbing out loud. There was another couple near us, and when we all got up to leave at the end, he grins at me and says, "You know she really didn't die, don't you?" lol

Philadelphia: At the end, during the home movies of Tom Hanks' character as a little boy running around on the beach. Just his sweet, innocent, hopeful face, oblivious to his future.

Schindler's List: Scenes where they were rounding up all the people; just the mechanical, organized way they did it. And, of course, the little girl in the red dress.

I'm actually kind of getting myself choked up here.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:04 PM

777 posts, read 1,336,891 times
PS I Love You.

Some movies might make my eyes misty, but nothing close to the crying I did during this whole freaking movie.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:37 PM

919 posts, read 789,856 times
Dark Victory with Bette Davis. OK, you who don't cry at movies, or don't like old movies....watch this one.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:49 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Talking of Tom Hanks, I think he is the best American actor since Spencer Tracy. He has made many great films with emotional content which has moved me. But, the movie that gets me emotionally, more than any other, is CastAway. The end scenes are so real, painful, and truly moving......

Kelly thought Jack is dead, and has married someone else, and has a child. Jack comes to see her. They talk about nothing important, because the pain is too much. Jack says his goodbyes and drives away.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2we6vMg-q0

Old 08-10-2016, 04:21 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Has to be Madame X Imitation of Life. Stella Dallas, surely the best tearjerkers ever..

Old 08-10-2016, 08:23 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Joy Luck Club, especially the scene at the dinner table where the narrator realizes her mother is proud of her. The lessons of the mothers to the daughters.

Terms of Endearment, the final hospital scenes where Emma is making her final plans known to her family, the quiet strength and forgiveness of the character.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:07 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
A good soulful movie can occasionally make me bust a tear. Oddly...I find this feels kind of good at the end of the movie.

Saving Private Ryan and War Horse come to mind. Spielberg is the master of manipulation....fear, entertainment, and other emotions. Made a pretty solid career out of it.

Sobs? That generally takes a death of someone I knew pretty well. Our government and its surveillance tactics has done it too.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:26 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Talking of Tom Hanks, I think he is the best American actor since Spencer Tracy. He has made many great films with emotional content which has moved me. But, the movie that gets me emotionally, more than any other, is CastAway. The end scenes are so real, painful, and truly moving......

Kelly thought Jack is dead, and has married someone else, and has a child. Jack comes to see her. They talk about nothing important, because the pain is too much. Jack says his goodbyes and drives away.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2we6vMg-q0
Agree good scene in the film... Seems Hanks is a really nice down to earth person and angry I missed seeing him in Midlothian while filming the Da vinci code.. I visited the place just weeks later when all the scaffolding was still up on doing repairs to the old church.. it was like that when they were filming and they had to computerize it all out..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies