Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 02:47 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klysm View Post
Thanks to a bunch of sock puppets pushin this thread and Rap back, a bunch of us kids got curious--

What's in THESE threads that that weird crew don't want us to see?

It brought my attention to threads D217 is doing cause it was like there's an obsessive focus--too MUCH energy driving her threads down--

I didn't follow House & Rap so much UNTIL I saw all this effort--right lurkers?

Decided ok Imma check this OUT startin from the first page & work forward & WOW!

Yall REAL!!!! That's why!!!

So far--some of my favorites from the dancin couple Lady Artemis & Sir Knight!

^^^I could FEEL that!

Dear Klysm, You just brought a great smile to me... Feeling that music, dancing, releasing with the Dearest Sir Knight... That was feeling, being, consuming these beats that opened the mind, heart and spirit...

My dancing partner! Well. The journey's we went on....these were just a few of them

Deep House / Jimpster - A Love Like This (Hipp-E remix) - YouTube

Releasing everything.... House will take you places that you can only imagine...

Thankyou for reminding me.......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 04:51 AM

19,708 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Dear Klysm, You just brought a great smile to me... Feeling that music, dancing, releasing with the Dearest Sir Knight... That was feeling, being, consuming these beats that opened the mind, heart and spirit...

My dancing partner! Well. The journey's we went on....these were just a few of them

Deep House / Jimpster - A Love Like This (Hipp-E remix) - YouTube

Releasing everything.... House will take you places that you can only imagine...

Thankyou for reminding me.......

^Beautiful.

I don't know what happened to the little house crew we had, but it was tight and it was wonderful while it lasted. Lots of good people missing in these threads...I miss it :/

Ministers de la funk feat. Jocelyn Brown - Believe (original) d[HQ]b - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klysm
Yall REAL!!!! That's why!!!
It's the only way to be.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:56 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I don't know what happened to the little house crew we had, but it was tight and it was wonderful while it lasted. Lots of good people missing in these threads...I miss it :/
Indeed.

Btw props for believe, I have this love/hate relationship with gospel house. There are so many good records (Somethin's going on is still one of my all time top tracks) but as an atheist the lyrics really make me cringe. Had to point out to my Dj buddy recently that Rozalla's everybody's free is a christian 'rave' record lol.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 AM

Rozalla - Everybody's Free - YouTube

Old 03-01-2012, 10:07 AM

LIVIN' JOY - Don't Stop Movin' - YouTube

Just watching that took me back to the early nineties lol.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 AM

19,708 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Indeed.

Btw props for believe, I have this love/hate relationship with gospel house. There are so many good records (Somethin's going on is still one of my all time top tracks) but as an atheist the lyrics really make me cringe. Had to point out to my Dj buddy recently that Rozalla's everybody's free is a christian 'rave' record lol.
Haha, well God is entirely subjective, & I believe it's all a matter of perception anyway. I am nowhere near Christian and most of my spritiual experiences were on drugs, so..ya know..You don't have to be religious to catch the 'spirit!

12 Fingers - Positive Funk (deep house) (2002) - YouTube

Old 03-01-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Haha, well God is entirely subjective, & I believe it's all a matter of perception anyway. I am nowhere near Christian and most of my spritiual experiences were on drugs, so..ya know..You don't have to be religious to catch the 'spirit!
Indeed. Never had spiritual experiences on drugs though (or ever). Maybe i'm just getting old, I didn't mind it when I was younger. Anyway I don't want to highjack the thread

Copyright feat. Song Williamson - He Is (Ferrer & Sydenham Vocal Mix) - YouTube

Old 03-01-2012, 10:55 AM

638 posts, read 16,523,225 times
Default Frankie Knuckles - Baby wants to Ride

WOW! We got canceled cause of snow BUT afternoon classes are on--I'm back in here & THIS got the SPIRIT!!!!

Frankie Knuckles - Baby wants to Ride

Frankie Knuckles - Baby wants to ride - YouTube

D217 a lot of folks found somethin in an altered state--especially LSD--
more than this reality says Physicists! That GOT to be true cause I ain't a Christian but I'm feelin some kinda Holy Ghost thang!

Especially with THIS music! This is from Sir Knight & I'm FLYIN!!! Same kinda feelin when I'm listenin to Chants!

Imma check back to when yall was a tight crew! Thats why it got messed up by the way--yall know what I mean too! See a pattern anybody?

Right now though--I'm gonna ride some kinda worm yall talkin about! HOLLA!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:01 AM

Possibly the first ever house record! Principle invented house yet never got the respect or recognition.

Jamie Principle - Waiting On My Angel (House) - YouTube

Old 03-01-2012, 11:10 AM

638 posts, read 16,523,225 times
Default Robert Owens - Art

^^^WOW ARCHINEER!!!^^^

I hope THIS page gits to be a PARTY PAGE!!

i'll git another one later for you Lady Artemis when yall were dancing but I came across this one & gonna dedicate it to my honey!!!

she's ART!!!!!!--skin like porcelain--i'm now jusgtt gone! I never really got into THIS music before!!

Robert Owens - Art

‪Robert Owens - Art‬‏ - YouTube

DAMN!!!-- state standards on the number of DAYS we're in school!!!!--gtg--Ok--House ON with the magic worm!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music