Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:47 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,249,160 times

Advertisements

Gangsta Disciple Im with you on T-Pain. I cannot understand, for the life of me, how and why he is in the music business in the first place, let alone has several hits the worst part is, he now has his own record label and he signed the equally untalented Flo-Rida, and he also is signing a girl group, who is rumoured to use that silly computer thing as well

I laughed when his first album came out and it was called "Rappa ternt Singa", then I heard the stripper song and became annoyed, then came the Buy u a drank, a song that even a 10 year old could write, and then everyone wants him on their songs.

I just do not get what people see in this guy that makes him popular. The same I can say with Sean Kingston as well( although he isnt a rapper)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 07:20 AM

146 posts, read 224,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Gangsta Disciple Im with you on T-Pain. I cannot understand, for the life of me, how and why he is in the music business in the first place, let alone has several hits the worst part is, he now has his own record label and he signed the equally untalented Flo-Rida, and he also is signing a girl group, who is rumoured to use that silly computer thing as well

I laughed when his first album came out and it was called "Rappa ternt Singa", then I heard the stripper song and became annoyed, then came the Buy u a drank, a song that even a 10 year old could write, and then everyone wants him on their songs.

I just do not get what people see in this guy that makes him popular. The same I can say with Sean Kingston as well( although he isnt a rapper)
Hahaha exactly, Flo Rida does suck...And Sean Kingston has to have one of the worst jamaican impersonations sinse Mrs. Cleo.....

Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 AM

145 posts, read 435,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Disciple View Post
Hahaha exactly, Flo Rida does suck...And Sean Kingston has to have one of the worst jamaican impersonations sinse Mrs. Cleo.....
who even likes them the only time i ever see flo rida is when he's on shows like americas favorite dance crew or so u think u can dance i never see sean kingston

Old 08-13-2008, 01:32 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,252,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingTheSunshine View Post
who even likes them the only time i ever see flo rida is when he's on shows like americas favorite dance crew or so u think u can dance i never see sean kingston
Who the hell watches that crap? I've flipped past the channels a few times and that crappy show was on every single time. I think the mainstream is sinking lower and lower as time progresses.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:35 AM

824 posts, read 1,178,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
I wouldn't say that he's responsible single-handedly for destroying hip hop (nor do I think it's been destroyed), but if I had to pick one rapper who represents more than any other the negatives of hip hop, it would be 50 Cent.

50 Cent to me is the Britney Spears of rap. That is to say that, like Britney Spears, there is absolutely nothing remarkable about him in terms of talent, charisma, looks or voice. Some rappers are known for their witty wordplay (Ludacris, Eminem), their unique flow (Snoop Dogg, Nelly), their sociopolitical commentary (Nas, Mos Def), or their innovative music (Kanye West, Outkast, The Roots); and to me, 50 Cent has none of those things. His rap skills are unremarkable, the beats to his songs are virtually all the same and the subject doesn't change from the rap stereotypes of pimps, drugs, women, flashing wealth and violence. Quite a few of the artists I mentioned earlier do the same, but they at least have some sort of saving grace usually in that they have something that makes them unique whereas I feel like you could take almost any kid out of a housing project in Jamaica, Queens and with the right producers, handlers and trainers turn him into a "50 Cent" (which is the same way I feel about Britney Spears).

There are plenty of other artists in hip hop who I have similar criticisms of. Hip hop is rife with one hit wonders who record a song about ass-shaking, have it shoot to the top of the charts, release a platinum album full of generic rap and then fall off the face of the Earth. T-Pain, Juvenile, Lil Jon, Ja Rule, Soulja Boy, MIMS, Mystikal. I could go on and on. The reason why I pick on 50 Cent more than these guys is the sole reason that he has sold more records than any of them and continues to have a stellar career. More than any other rapper, he has made a career out of generic mediocrity and that's why I think he's the poster boy for what is wrong with the state of hip hop music today. No other rapper to me has been able to stretch their lack of talent as far as he has.
Got that right, this is the same person that's responsible for destroying NY Rap and not to mention deliberately recorded conversations of his own artist (Young Buck) and ****ed over many.
this guy has made a career out of ruining people's lives and He's gonna get his and I'll be glad once he finally get his.

and he to me is the worst rapper in all of U.S. hip-hop history, him and his crew (G-Unit), they have brought more damage to hip-hop than any other rapper combined.

and now look at this fool.
http://www.rapbasement.com/50-cent/1...-finished.html

Last edited by miamifloridafan; 12-29-2008 at 07:57 AM..

Old 12-29-2008, 07:36 AM

And I Also believe that it started going downhill after biggie and pac died.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 AM

370 posts, read 1,016,505 times
Oh man, I'm posting in a thread with a gangsta disciple D: scary.

Anyway, I dunno who killed rap, I'd say 50 cent, but Solja boy put the nail in the coffin.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Disciple View Post
Actually Flo Rida is actually pretty good.
and sean kingston did a great job on doing a sample of stand by me.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:23 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
Oh man, I'm posting in a thread with a gangsta disciple D: scary.

Anyway, I dunno who killed rap, I'd say 50 cent, but Solja boy put the nail in the coffin.
I’d say 12 year old girls killed rap music. When I was younger, not many of my friends were into rap music. We'd listen to Da Brat or Naughty by Nature but once Rap City went off that was pretty much it. Most of the rappers weren’t that cute – we were all into R&B groups back then. But as the Nelly’s and 50’s popped on scene with their tatted chests and six packs – the genre shifted and now popular music is determined by what little girls like to look at. I spent the holiday with the my cousins and they like this song called “Do The Stanky Leg” are you kidding me?

Old 12-29-2008, 08:26 AM

370 posts, read 1,016,505 times
LOL!

Reminds me of last year or so, my roommate loved this song "Chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, WITH A SODA ON THE SIDE!"

Lamest thing I've ever heard, other than Soulja boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music