Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:56 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
right now, Wham! is on tour with Slayer.
youre joking right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 07:58 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,030 times
  1. The Beatles — most overrated non-talents in the history of Western entertainment

2. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and the whole host of putrid "grunge" bands they spawned

3. Dave Matthews Band — still a total mystery to me why they were ever so popular

Old 12-12-2007, 08:13 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,695 times
wham?????
george michael's probation officer is letting him tour-----america--lock up your public bathrooms!

Old 12-13-2007, 01:43 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,867,648 times
Dave Matthews Band
Bon Jovi - I despise them
All those hair bands from the 80's...Cinderella, Quiet Riot, etc.
Cowboy Mouth
All of those Boys Bands...Boyz to Men, etc.
The Spice Girls - bad singing and not a band anyways
Goo Goo Dolls
Elastic
Matchbox 20

Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
First of all, I think this is a stupid thread. I don't see how anyone could hate art. You either get it, or you don't. You either listen to it, or you don't.

I think the primary reason most people listen to music is to make you feel good. I could be in a drunken stupor passed out on the floor and somebody would plug in an AC/DC song and I would revive. I can understand people being burned out on 60s-70s-80s rock. It's getting old.

That's why I appreciated the good old vinyl. I HATE TOP 40 music. I don't necessarily hate the band or the whole album, just the one that gets played 80 times a day. So that's why I go to side B. Flip that album over and there's a whole bunch of songs that didn't make the radio.

I saw Joan Jett get booed off the stage before at Red Rocks. She opened up for the Kinks.
My brother saw Led Zepplin get booed off the stage and beer bottles chucked at them in Seattle Washington.
I saw Steven Tyler spit on a crowd in Pueblo Colorado and he got beer and booze bottles chucked at him as they got booed off the stage (they were very drunk and/or stoned that day and not playing really well).
My dad once came into our room (I was about 6 and bro was about 10) and he broke a Cheech n Chong album we were playing over his knee.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:21 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
All of those Boys Bands...Boyz to Men, etc.
Ahhh, good call Lisa! I didn't even think of them...'N Stink, Backdoor Boyz, 98 Degrees, etal. Boy bands suck!

Old 12-14-2007, 01:24 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
I cannot stand No Doubt.
I also dont like Simple Plan, Bowling for soup, Good charlotte, fall out boy, blink-182.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:00 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
I used to like Aerosmith back in the 1970's, but since they started sounding like a bubble gum rock band, I lost interest in them, and that was in mid 1980's. I don't even care for them anymore, even their old stuff.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:13 AM

16 posts, read 38,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
Wow! Eighteen posts and no Dave Matthews Band or Phish. Kiss seconded along with a many of the others, but Led Zep? Oof!
I have always totally hated Led Zeppelin they are truly one of the worst bands or any "music" I have ever had the misfortune of hearing! They along with Queen and Pink Floyd are the only 3 groups I have to get up off of my chair even if I'm very tired and turn off immediately! The Who,The Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix are all a million times better! And The Beatles are a *ZILLION* Times Better!!!!

Old 12-17-2007, 10:27 AM

16 posts, read 38,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Of the big ones :
The Beatles ( if you can call them rock!)
The Rolling Stones
The Who
Queen
Nirvana
Yes I know most of you will adore them but I never got the furore about them.

The Beatles *were* Mostly a *ROCK* Band and a Great One Too, John Lennon & Paul McCartney were both extremely talented singers and song writers, very good musicians,Paul has been rightfully recognized as one of the best,melodic and influential bass players ever,on an excellent web site called,The Evolution Of Rock Bass Playing McCartney Style by Dennis Alstrand, Stanley Clarke,Sting,Will Lee & Billy Sheehan George Martin and John Lennon are all quoted saying what a great,melodic and influential bass player Paul has always been.

The 1992 Rolling Stone Album Guide calls Paul a remarkable bass player,and rightfully also calls John & Paul the greatest song writers in rock history. Brilliant classical composer and conducter Leonard Bernstein called John & Paul the 2 most brilliant song composers of the 20th century,and Elton John and Brian Wilson said this about them too on TV interviews. Even Ozzy Osbourne said in a 2002 online Bender Magazine interview That The Beatles Are The Greatest Band To Ever Walk The Earth! He's been a huge fan since he was a teenager,and he also says not loving THe Beatles is like not loving oxogen! And George Harrison was a very talented song writer and musician too.

Eric Clapton says in an online interview called,Eric Clapton In His Own Words that John Lennon was a pretty good guitar player and he would have known since he played in concert with John as a member of his 1969 Plastic Ono Band. ERic was also very good friends with George Harrison and they respected and admired each others guitar playing. George also played guitar on the Cream song Badge.They wrote so many great innovative,creative,diverse critically acclaimed and popular songs and albums in just an 8 year recording career!

The Beatles wrote some songs that were pretty rocking especially for the time,John's great song from early 1964,You Can't Do That where he plays lead guitar,Paul's great blues rocker,She's A Woman from late 1964,his loud screaming rocker I'm Down from early 1965,which The Beatles performed even louder,and harder and screaming at the August 1965 Shea Stadium concert which was the first big outdoor rock stadium concert with over 55,000 people. I Feel Fine from late 1964 which was the first use of feedback guitar, Day Tripper,Paperback Writer,She Said She Said,Taxman,And You're Bird Can Sing, most of The White Album,where Paul wrote what many consider to be the first heavy metal song,Helter Skelter,and John's hard rocking 1968 single,Revolution,and many songs on the great Abbey Road album including John's I Want You She's So Heavy which people have also said is one of the first heavy metal songs.

I have always hated Queen,and Led Zeppelin though and never liked Pink Floyd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music