Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 PM

98 posts, read 93,577 times

Advertisements

Is he arrogant to the nth degree? yes, but musically, very few to no one is close to him. He's got 7 solo albums and 4 of them are considered classics. Lou Reed called him a genius. He's got 3 albums in the Rolling Stones top 500 and many consider " My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" the perfect album. I'm a fan. What do you guys think?

Old 03-03-2014, 05:34 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmitchell View Post
Is he arrogant to the nth degree? yes, but musically, very few to no one is close to him. He's got 7 solo albums and 4 of them are considered classics. Lou Reed called him a genius. He's got 3 albums in the Rolling Stones top 500 and many consider " My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" the perfect album. I'm a fan. What do you guys think?
I am not a fan as such, however have seen Kanye perform.
What I did like about him was his apparent willingness to try different things - he seems to have an interest in arts / culture {as well as the whole fashion thing} which is at least a bit more interesting than say others within the genre he performs in.

The reviews for MBDTF were always good - although I have not listened to it, in its entirety myself.

He is at least interesting, and seems like he pushes himself to try new things - that I respect. I know he gets a bit of flack but I wonder how much is real and how much is taken out of context.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I am not a fan as such, however have seen Kanye perform.
What I did like about him was his apparent willingness to try different things - he seems to have an interest in arts / culture {as well as the whole fashion thing} which is at least a bit more interesting than say others within the genre he performs in.

The reviews for MBDTF were always good - although I have not listened to it, in its entirety myself.

He is at least interesting, and seems like he pushes himself to try new things - that I respect. I know he gets a bit of flack but I wonder how much is real and how much is taken out of context.
my opinion is he's trolling everyone with his " I am a God. I am a genius. I am Steve Jobs" rants

Old 03-03-2014, 07:02 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,123 times
Thoughts on his music? It's generic, it's overproduced, the lyrical content is lacking, and his flow is mediocre.

Thoughts on him as a human being? He seems immature and unintelligent.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:31 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,359 times
Quote:
Just stop already... He's an ARROGANT egotistical bastard that does NOT belong on a stage! ;(

Old 03-03-2014, 09:09 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
my opinion is he's trolling everyone with his " I am a God. I am a genius. I am Steve Jobs" rants
haha. If so, he's doing a good job.
Although I read an interview recently where he alluded to believing he was taken out of context.. by Steve McQueen I think... (the director guy)

Old 03-03-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
Thoughts on his music? It's generic, it's overproduced, the lyrical content is lacking, and his flow is mediocre.

Thoughts on him as a human being? He seems immature and unintelligent.
1) I respect your opinion
2) Lou Reed called him a musical genius.
3) He's considered one of the greatest producers ever.
4) Content lacking? What hasn't this guy covered? He's been religious, emotional, revolutionary, and arrogant. Especially when you listen to todays music: partying, drugs, money, girls, guys. When was the last time you heard a Taylor Swift or a Miley song talking about wanting to be a mother or a revolutionary?
5) yeah I agree not a lyrical miracle.

I could turn on the radio, listen to 6 songs and hear the same topic but 6 times. You give me a Kanye album, lets say 14 songs, you get 14 different topics.

With the popular musicians you know what you're going to hear.

Beiber-girl love song
Miley-"bad girl" song
Taylor-her 1,775,876 breakup song
Wayne- drugs and girls
Drake-( see Taylor)
Kanye's always changing up his stuff.

Last edited by stanmitchell; 03-03-2014 at 09:28 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
haha. If so, he's doing a good job.
Although I read an interview recently where he alluded to believing he was taken out of context.. by Steve McQueen I think... (the director guy)

I saw that.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:42 PM

11,252 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Thoughts on Kanye West

Here's my thought. If he and Kim didn't exist, there would actually be room for someone with talent to grab the spotlight and headline in the media outlets.

Then again, they would probably just shove Bieber and Miley further down our throats.

All of you useless wastes of oxygen..... Just go away already....... Take your $$$ and just go away.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:50 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,678 times
I think he's a f-ing a-hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music