Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 11:25 PM

532 posts, read 550,303 times

Advertisements

Billy's famous 1996 albums super high distortion with the gain jacked mixed with reverb sound that is.

That whole album had the amps set like that.

ZZ Top - She´s just killing me - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 11:27 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,436 times
Please share your time at the best concert - band (s) where is was and when
Does everyone want to see Day on the Green Concerts again like I do
I think outside concerts brings so much happiness to people - music unites

Old 04-28-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
The last concerts I was at was Ted Nugent, ZZ Top and AC/DC. lol I wanted to go to the new Van Halen when the new album came out, but had to work.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:33 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S. Property View Post
Gary is a fellow Texan. I just discovered him recently. He's been paying attention too.
Yep, he's pretty cool.
he spends a bit of time here - due to his local gf. He recently played a few shows here.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:37 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
Triumph and Bad Company - mid 80's Lakeland, FL
Def Leppard and Tesla- mid 80's Sundome Tampa
Ac/Dc early 90's (they just released Razors Edge) Tropicana Field St. Petersburg

Those are the 3 best I've been to.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:38 PM

Sounds like a great concert I'm glad these groups still tour. If you had to pick one guitar player - who would it be? I saw Foreigner recently, Awesome! Kelly Hansen is their frontman sounds a lot like Lou Graham. I really loved seeing Mick Jones on guitar. I was right in front of the stage so could see him play, really cool. I got a Foreigner guitar pick !

Old 04-28-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Yep, he's pretty cool.
he spends a bit of time here - due to his local gf. He recently played a few shows here.

Gary definitely has ZZ on his brain. Check his video, and now this one.

Billy F Gibbons, ZZ Top, Mexican Blackbird - YouTube

Old 04-28-2014, 11:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Oh come now. Let us not simply label everyone as cranky and old and simply blame it on nostalgia.

Writing styles are different. Earlier rock songs were usually composed by one or two people, Auto-Tune was unheard of, most artists played their own instruments with minimal computer manipulation, and the songs were comprised of an actual theme or relatively deep thought.

Many of the popular songs now are composed by a committee of 6 or 8 people and comprised of 4 or 5 lines repeated ad nauseum, autotune is a given, a computer plays most of the tune, and the lyrics are increasingly and woefully gross like this little current hit gem:

Bruno Mars – Gorilla Lyrics | Bruno Mars

Really? Man, that's some deep, meaningful writing there.

Meh, to each his or her own. Just my .02 there.
Bruno missed his era. He should have been in the 60's, 70's or 80's. He is another shining light on music today. He sounds so different than most acts who sound similar. Listen to say Arcade Fire, Mumford & Sons and Phillip Phillips and they sound fairly similar, Train sounds indie these days (not that it is bad), Fall Out Boy and Paramore sound alike, Muse and Angels and Airwaves sound somewhat similar, all rap sounds about the same, most R&B is the same and most pop too. The only other band that is truly unique is Imagine Dragons. Too much has the same sound these days and there is little individuality in music today. The 80's had hard rock, synthpop, pop rock, R&B, hip-hop, early alternative and country, the 90's had grunge, post grunge, metal, alternative, nu-metal, punk, pop, techno, R&B, hip-hop and (some) country and the 00's had pop, pop rock, hip-hop, R&B, country (in the form of Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum), emo and punk. Today it is indie, country, hip-hop, R&B, country and pop.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:12 AM

I agree with the last post - too much now a days sounds the same and little individuality. I can appreciate talent that always shows and shines.

I think the most amazing band of all time is Led Zeppelin. Each member is like the talent of ten musicians. I'm always in awe listening to them and watching their DVDs

I'm glad so many great bands are still around.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:39 AM

351 posts, read 499,891 times
Well I feel like we have a good variety: pure pop- Katy Perry,etc., indie-Lorde, Bastille, etc. R&B- Pharrell, John Legend, Alternative Rock-Imagine Dragons, Rock-Coldplay, urban-pop-Rihanna, rap-Drake, Kanye, Kendrick Lamar, Pop-Rock-Parmore, P!nk, Soul-Adele
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music