Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 05:29 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,313,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinGayefan124 View Post
I know this thread is from 2015 but I'd love to post a few artists who I personally feel are overrated as hell!

1. Mariah Carey
2. Beyonce
3. Nirvana
4. Dusty Springfield
5. Elvis
6. Amy Winehouse
7. Janet Jackson
8. Frank Sinatra
9. Madonna
10. Adele
LOL.... Frank Sinatra overrated.... now I've heard it all.... maybe the greatest voice ever.... not my style of music generally though

Mariah.... great female voice...one of best ever

Elvis - the king

smh... happy Sunday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 08:50 AM

157 posts, read 79,629 times
James Otto, The Carpenters, Barry Manilow, Air Supply, The Monkees, Frankie Valli, Michael Jackson, The Osmonds, The Bee Gees, Tony Orlando & Dawn, Mac Davis, Wayne Newton, Helen Reddy, Ray Stevens, John Denver, Captain & Tennile, Starland Vocal Band, Abba, Debby Boone, Kim Carnes, Dexys Midnight Runners, Culture Club, George Michael, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, Paula Abdul, Sinéad O'Connor, Bell Biv DeVoe, Madonna, Right Said Fred, Tag Team, Ace of Base, TLC, Spice Girls, Creed, Three Doors Down, Avril Lavigne, Kid Rock, Kelly Clarkson, Enya, Britney Spears, and all other sell-out pop including 99% of country music.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:13 AM

2,390 posts, read 1,082,547 times
Justin Timberlake
Bruce Springsteen
Eric Clapton
Bob Dylan
The Sex Pistols
Elvis Costello
Adele
Justin Beiber
Taylor Swift
Madonna
Nirvana
Jay Z
Beyonce
Kanye West
Dave Matthews Band
John Legend
Usher
Florida Georgia Line
Garth Brooks
Miley Cyrus
Lady Gaga
Beck
The Clash
Bon Jovi
Michael Jackson
Janis Joplin

Pearl Jam and REM ....both bands, I only really like some of their songs ...early REM...
and Pearl Jam has one really good album...their first album "Ten".

Also....almost all rap music...

Old 03-02-2022, 11:21 AM

1,882 posts, read 2,032,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BhoThree View Post
James Otto, The Carpenters, Barry Manilow, Air Supply, The Monkees, Frankie Valli, Michael Jackson, The Osmonds, The Bee Gees, Tony Orlando & Dawn, Mac Davis, Wayne Newton, Helen Reddy, Ray Stevens, John Denver, Captain & Tennile, Starland Vocal Band, Abba, Debby Boone, Kim Carnes, Dexys Midnight Runners, Culture Club, George Michael, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, Paula Abdul, Sinéad O'Connor, Bell Biv DeVoe, Madonna, Right Said Fred, Tag Team, Ace of Base, TLC, Spice Girls, Creed, Three Doors Down, Avril Lavigne, Kid Rock, Kelly Clarkson, Enya, Britney Spears, and all other sell-out pop including 99% of country music.

LOL. Yeah, Right Said Fred are soooo overrated. (Their appearance on John Oliver's show is one of the funniest pieces of political comedy ever though.) And Tag Team, too, such critics' darlings.

I applaud listing Kid Rock, who may have the lowest ratio of talent-to-ubiquity of anyone I can think of.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:47 PM

877 posts, read 636,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BhoThree View Post
James Otto
Thank you for remembering James, but I do have to point out the fact that there is still a one hit wonder status in his possession and the song left its mark 14 years ago. In other words, how can such a person fall into the overrated category?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music