Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 03:18 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,481,258 times

Advertisements

I had the time of my life. (Horrible singing by whoever the female is!) Lyrics =Ugh. Music= Ugh!)

Lady in Red. (How many choruses are ENUF!?)

Take my breath away (Top Gun) Aargh!

I think it was the 80's. All those goofy movies: Footloose, Flashdance, Dirty Dancing, etc. etc. ad nauseam)

I much prefer English music at that time: The Cure (LOVE SONG!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideman View Post
"Killing Me Softly" by Roberta Flack. It just grates on me.
You know, I've always thought Killing me was just too. darn. slow. Ugh (And I am a Roberta Flack aficionado.)

Old 07-15-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvibrant View Post
My mom hates that song, too. Holding Back the Years by Simply Red doesn't move me. He has a nice voice. I just don't care for it. Don't Know Why by Norah Jones doesn't do anything for me, either.
I agree about both songs. I love Simply Red, though. Norah Jones - also not impressed. I still have her first CD - unopened. Quickly tired of radio play. I think her 'style' is just affected, like many who sing 'jazz/blues' who are not of that time period. Just really soulless. (not talking about 'soul' as in R&B, but just authenticity I guess.

Kind of off topic, but I really like David Gray. Something about his music hits a chord, and he is a young person.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystMoonstruck View Post
"Me and Mrs. Jones"

I've hated it since the first time I heard it decades ago! Blech!
Kind of agree except I like Billy Paul's voice. I actually listen for a lisp I hear every time he says "Mrs.". LOL. I do like the music though. Really melancholy and great for a slow dance, but overall sad.

Sadly, I know a couple of people who fit the description of the subject matter.

Last edited by tangelag; 07-15-2015 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: add

Old 07-16-2015, 09:00 AM

5,019 posts, read 10,718,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
ICAM. I fell asleep when DH and I were watching that movie; we'd rented it.

That song is sickenin'!
LOL, my heart will go on and my vagina will find someone else

Old 07-16-2015, 09:07 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,274,108 times
"Best of My Love"

For a long time, I disliked the band Bread because I thought that they were the perpetrators of that tune (along with the thoroughly nauseating "Baby-I'm-a-Want-You"). I was totally pleased to find out that it was actually the Eagles, because then I could dislike the Eagles even more than I already did, and I didn't need to dislike Bread any less.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
"Best of My Love"

For a long time, I disliked the band Bread because I thought that they were the perpetrators of that tune (along with the thoroughly nauseating "Baby-I'm-a-Want-You"). I was totally pleased to find out that it was actually the Eagles, because then I could dislike the Eagles even more than I already did, and I didn't need to dislike Bread any less.
Awww, I really like that song by Bread! I think it's the music, definitely the solo guitar part. It's quirky with the very archaic "a + _____", a prayin'", "a stayin'", etc.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Status: "I have read 27 books this year!!!" (set 10 days ago)

452 posts, read 201,371 times
I am not able to name any of his songs. Have any of you all ever heard of Peter Cincotti? Probably the most bland singer I've ever heard. He's a good-looking man and that's it. Talent did not get him a record deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music