Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 10:17 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times

Advertisements

I usually don't participate in many threads calling out bands/music you don't like but I really really dislike this band. They make uninspired music that's not very good and made solely to sell records to the masses with no tastes. Horrible on every level and generic to no end. We need a shift in the music scene and a solid band that changes how music is made to happen soon.....it's over due.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 07:49 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I usually don't participate in many threads calling out bands/music you don't like but I really really dislike this band. They make uninspired music that's not very good and made solely to sell records to the masses with no tastes. Horrible on every level and generic to no end. We need a shift in the music scene and a solid band that changes how music is made to happen soon.....it's over due.
I agree with your view on Paramore...but the change has already happened. Turn off your radio, turn off your TV...there is a lot of excellent music out there, but you have to look for it and reject what is being force fed to you.
The internet has really opened up the doors for bands who wouldn't make it on the radio now (because they are actually talented...haha). Word of mouth is how to find music now, and that includes everything from blogs to messageboards to sites with user-made playlists (ie. imeem), and of course, friends . I mostly find new music through online friends, honestly. I just find people with great music taste and we bounce music suggestions back & forth.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I agree with your view on Paramore...but the change has already happened. Turn off your radio, turn off your TV...there is a lot of excellent music out there, but you have to look for it and reject what is being force fed to you.
The internet has really opened up the doors for bands who wouldn't make it on the radio now (because they are actually talented...haha). Word of mouth is how to find music now, and that includes everything from blogs to messageboards to sites with user-made playlists (ie. imeem), and of course, friends . I mostly find new music through online friends, honestly. I just find people with great music taste and we bounce music suggestions back & forth.
I agree that there are some really good bands out there just hard to find. In the last year I've caught onto some new bands I hadn't previously known like Made of Babies, Pelican, Protest the Hero, Winter Sleep, Five Pointe O, Gorija, Glueleg, Genghis Tron, Torche, 5ive, and Helms Alee. Lots of them were found through a message board and a new friend I made there. I haven't listened to mainstream radio since the 80's (for pop music that I enjoyed then although I was starting to get into the heavier stuff toward the end of the decade). I still miss the 90's grunge/alternative rock/indie splash period though

Old 12-29-2008, 09:04 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
When Jeff Rosenstock of Bomb the Music Industry was asked about Paramore:

"Jeff: It’s weird. I know quite a bit about Paramore, but I’ve never heard any of their songs. I try to avoid Paramore every second of my life. Yet, I still know who they are, what they look like and ****. I was watching something on MTV and the interstitials between each episode were like Boys Like Girls eating condoms out of an ice cream truck. I was thinking, wait a second, is this a band? Aren’t they supposed to play music or something? I just don’t get it and it doesn’t affect where we’re coming from. I know, as far as the record label Quote Unquote goes, that I have really good bands that I want people to hear. It’s this line between good honest publicity and shoving something down peoples throats. Hopefully eventually people will be smart enough to make their decisions themselves and not devote their lives to those type of bands. It’s not necessarily Paramore, I’m sure they’re all nice people, but when you’re a band not because of your music you’re kind of missing the point. Those bands are not going to be the next ****ing Phil Collins. "
So I get his point but, WTF "Phil Collins"????????????
LOL!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,210 times
2 all u paramore haterz i have 2 say dat yall aint gt no lyfe!!!! Kuz paramore iz da best band ever in da whole wide world!!!if ya dnt lyk dem iz bcuz ya dnt noe wat music is!!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 08:27 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
I find that I cannot escape Paramore except when I am listening to my Ipod or CD Player...I don't understand why 102.1 The Edge in DFW plays their music...they are some "fad" band...and don't really provide an alternative to anything except good music...when will they go away?

It's the flavor of the week........just ignore them and they will go away.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAMOREROCKS23 View Post
2 all u paramore haterz i have 2 say dat yall aint gt no lyfe!!!! Kuz paramore iz da best band ever in da whole wide world!!!if ya dnt lyk dem iz bcuz ya dnt noe wat music is!!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 07:26 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAMOREROCKS23 View Post

English please!!

Old 01-18-2009, 05:58 PM

412 posts, read 1,229,416 times
I like Paramore. It's not my favorite band, but their songs are catchy and upbeat. I just bought their Riot! cd last night and I haven't had a chance to really listen to the whole thing yet, but so far so good. I also have the Decode single, and I absolutely love that song. I think it's a great mix of vocals, guitar, and drums.

I can't speak for the music videos as I haven't seen them. I like to judge songs by the sound, not the music video.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,871 times
Exclamation What???????????????

I cannot believe how judging people are today! Aside from the the one person who said they are a musician are ANY of you on MTV, are any of you on the soundtrack for the most popular movie right at this moment?? How about this can any of you say that you have performed a much loved song on any popular media?? Think before you post people NOT everyone agrees on things but try to keep the mean and petty comments to yourself it is just freakin rude!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music