Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:07 PM

493 posts, read 637,323 times

Advertisements

I find that I cannot escape Paramore except when I am listening to my Ipod or CD Player...I don't understand why 102.1 The Edge in DFW plays their music...they are some "fad" band...and don't really provide an alternative to anything except good music...when will they go away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 08:40 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
I saw them on Mtv2 and was far from impressed. They'll come and go. Dont worry.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:24 AM

17 posts, read 39,293 times
for now they're ok but eventually they will go buh bye...happens all the time....but i do like that crushcrushcrush...kinda catchy....

Old 04-03-2008, 11:11 AM

79 posts, read 315,199 times
i hate paramore.

then again i guess i hate all pointless music.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:36 PM

468 posts, read 1,637,540 times
Paramore is just another band in the mold of:

Fall Out Boy
Panic!!!!!!!! At the Disco
etc.

I just try not to listen to the radio anymore...

Old 04-03-2008, 05:45 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
Pretty much any band that makes the kind of music Paramore makes I stay away from. I heard a rumor they may break up due to tensions among the band, would be just fine if that happens. Oh yeah and I HATE that Misery song, simply irratating.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:02 PM

187 posts, read 674,914 times
Just ran a search on YouTube to see who Paramore were, since the name didn't ring a bell. They look like one of those "pretty kids with instruments" bands that are big on MTV now. I must be getting old, I'm simply not impressed.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,650,253 times
Erm, I actually quite like them.

To begin with they kind of irritated me a bit so I can understand why other people see them that way. It doesn't help that all the radio and music tv shows seem to play is 'Misery Business' when they've actually got a whole host of other worthy songs too. I even went so far as to purchase their most recent album, Riot!, the other day and am very impressed by it. With catchy choruses and fills and some infectious basslines (listen to 'Fences' if you want to hear what I mean) it isn't all just teeny rock and actually has quite a mature sound to it in places. I just wish the radio people would employ some variation in the songs they play!

Old 12-21-2008, 10:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,549 times
Thumbs down Hi, child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
I find that I cannot escape Paramore except when I am listening to my Ipod or CD Player...I don't understand why 102.1 The Edge in DFW plays their music...they are some "fad" band...and don't really provide an alternative to anything except good music...when will they go away?

Anyways. I am a musician and would like to say a few words. Paramore is a favorite band of mine. Just because all you people don't like their music, don't judge. First to who ever wrote the comment "they look like a bunch of preppy kids with fancy instruments." or w.e I just want you to know if it provides people with a certain feeling and they like it thats good. You don;t have to dislike peoples music. But you should learn to appreciate it all. Because people work their asses off, so the people that like there music can hear more. Hatings a strong word, use it wisely. If people like it leave it alone. Why talk about it if you don't like it.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:08 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
They are typical teenage girl fare. Here today. Gone tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music