Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 06:29 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times

Advertisements

In September I'm going to see Maze featuring Frankie Beverley and in October seeing Joan Baez and the Royal Albert Hall. Can't wait

Any of you got any acts lined up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 06:39 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,060,670 times
I live in Austin and sadly there just isn't anything on worth seeing...

(waits for fall-out)....(or good tips)

Old 07-23-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post

Nothing???? in Austin????????

Old 07-23-2008, 06:50 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,060,670 times
I was joking...slightly.

I'm not a huge country fan, so I'm in the wrong city...blues I can handle in small doses. RnB I like tho, but there's less of that, and I'm a Londoner so no clue who all the bands here are!

There are a ton of small bands playing small venues, but nothing major or inspiring (to me, that is).

However I will go and see anything, and the music scene here needs support - it's in trouble...see this piece http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrob...d=oid%3A645875

Last edited by southdown; 07-23-2008 at 06:59 PM..

Old 07-23-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I was joking...slightly.

I'm not a huge country fan, so I'm in the wrong city...blues I can handle in small doses. RnB I like tho, but there's less of that, and I'm a Londoner so no clue who all the bands here are!

There are a ton of small bands playing small venues, but nothing major or inspiring (to me, that is).

However I will go and see anything, and the music scene here needs support - it's in trouble...see this piece The Austin Chronicle: News: Can the Bands Play On?: The Live Music Task Force tunes up to protect Austin's claim to fame
I feel for you in that case if you aren't into country and the home grown stuff Austin is known for. Didn't read the whole piece as it's past my bed time but will catch up, but things sound bad. I know a few musicians out there and they haven't mentioned anthing like that to me. Must ask.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:45 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
In September I'm going to see Maze featuring Frankie Beverley and in October seeing Joan Baez and the Royal Albert Hall. Can't wait

Any of you got any acts lined up?
Joan Baez is giving it a go again? WOW I have to check to see if she is touring the states. I wonder if she still has that perfect voice at her age.

Damn she could sing. I loved her style too. Her songs were anti govt and anti war.

Now I have to listen to her music and post what song Im listening to now on that other thread............................!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:

Austin? The music capital of the world? Come on ?????????????

Right now in Austin for July:

Mellisa Etheridge
Journey, Cheap Trick and Heart
Bryan Adams and Foreigner
Pat Green and Carry Underwood
The Eagles
Judas Priest
Motley Crue
Kiss
Tom Petty
Kenny Chesney

Not to mention Lollapalooza Austin City Limits and the hundreds of local bands.

Not to mention some big names that I dont even consider music because it is not....like that snoop idiot.

Most of us would kill for some of the choices you have.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:18 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,663 times
Rock City [Notts]

Ting Tings [Sept]
Seasick Steve [4th time,,luv him,,Oct]
Feeder [Oct]
Marillion [Nov]

Boardwalk [Sheffield]

John Young Band [Nov] MySpace.com - John Young Band - Aylesbury, UK - Classic Rock / Rock / Progressive - www.myspace.com/johnyoungband

I`ll be in Wales for a few weeks so am going to the Clasic Rock Weekend. Only the Fri/Sat though..2008 EVENTS (http://www.hmp-gigs.com/events.html - broken link)
I`ll be seeing local bands while down there and anything else that pops up..

No doubt There`ll be a few more between now and the end of 08..Especially MAN [again] at Swansea in Dec...

Last edited by LINCOLNSHIRE; 07-24-2008 at 12:34 AM..

Old 07-24-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Austin? The music capital of the world? Come on ?????????????

Right now in Austin for July:

Mellisa Etheridge
Journey, Cheap Trick and Heart
Bryan Adams and Foreigner
Pat Green and Carry Underwood
The Eagles
Judas Priest
Motley Crue
Kiss
Tom Petty
Kenny Chesney

Not to mention Lollapalooza Austin City Limits and the hundreds of local bands.

Not to mention some big names that I dont even consider music because it is not....like that snoop idiot.

Most of us would kill for some of the choices you have.
Not a shabby line up. I wish Melissa or Tom Petty will come to London soon.

Last edited by Raggy dee Ann; 07-24-2008 at 03:42 AM..

Old 07-24-2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Joan Baez is giving it a go again? WOW I have to check to see if she is touring the states. I wonder if she still has that perfect voice at her age.

Damn she could sing. I loved her style too. Her songs were anti govt and anti war.

Now I have to listen to her music and post what song Im listening to now on that other thread............................!
I believe she still has the voice and I've been listening to her for the past few days. Even requested her version of Dylans "Forever Young" on a radio station for my 17 year old niece....and I never call up radio stations for requests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music