Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 11:13 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,337,948 times

Advertisements

^^ LOL!!! :: teases :: They don't like rap at all?

Old 05-24-2009, 11:43 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,398,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
^^ LOL!!! :: teases :: They don't like rap at all?
Please - you're trying to get me thrown out of the house in the rain. When I sat down at the computer my aunt says "don't you be looking up none of that i wear my pants off my behind and i got gold teeth in my mouth music"

Old 05-24-2009, 11:53 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,337,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Please - you're trying to get me thrown out of the house in the rain. When I sat down at the computer my aunt says "don't you be looking up none of that i wear my pants off my behind and i got gold teeth in my mouth music"
:: throws head back in wild laughter holding sides...
:: Have Mercy! LOL!!!!!!!

They got that straight! LOL!! Wiping eyes... laughing...

I guess they're never go to bed either... LOL

Well I'm gonna get some shut eye... You have a good nite now... :: hollars in the ethers :: You Too Ms. Beth!
Sorry I missed you dear but am getting a terrible climate changing headache...

Nite

waves

`

Old 05-25-2009, 12:03 AM

82 posts, read 105,795 times
Quote:
LOL yes it is nice! I'll admit I was extremely catty to the girlfriend she said she liked my hair and I said "I like yours too...what brand is it?" I know horrible horrible but I couldn't help myself.

YouTube - poison
...busts out laughin and shakes head from side to side... Honey, she musta sure enough hit your bad side... but she had to give ya ya props...with ya lookin nice and all...

...there's somethin to be said for puttin ya best foot forward aaannndddd good timin... and honey, you covered both!!! ...laughin...

Old 05-25-2009, 12:12 AM

82 posts, read 105,795 times
dag nabbit! ... just missed Him... hope He's not comin down with anything... that Man needs to rest... maybe we'll chase Him out tomorrow and tell Him to go back to bed....

He just loves so hard ...as the ole folks used to say... a hard lovin Man... well, I guess I'll hit the bed tonight myself...

cya tomorrow Natalay!

... don't let them bed bugs bite! lol

Old 05-25-2009, 12:21 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,580,615 times
^^ Hmm.. MMC has foiled my plans again!

I was late in the game fooling around with the 60's Happy Memorial Day peoples!!

Old 05-25-2009, 12:51 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,710,949 times
Can't find this song on YouTube...Larry Graham, "One in A Million You".

Old 05-25-2009, 03:56 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,463,263 times
Cool Appropriate Response, IMHO, Given The Circumstances

Quote:
LOL yes it is nice! I'll admit I was extremely catty to the girlfriend she said she liked my hair and I said "I like yours too...what brand is it?" I know horrible horrible but I couldn't help myself.

YouTube - poison
A late welcome to you, natalayjones. Good to have you here.

Now, can I laugh? Good for you! Sometimes one has to be catty to make it through a tough time. Do we all dream of being catty or saying pithy things to each other? I don't think so. But, sometimes the reality pieces of our past, painful world seem to crush in on us so fast with no warning or helpers, IMHO, to say anything and come out breathing with a smile on our face is a WIN for us. I say GOOD FOR YOU!

Sure, we can think about how to handle different situations in the future and maybe how to say something we'd rather others remember us by. But, surviving comes first.

Be proud of how much you value yourself, natalayjones. What seems clear to me is sometime over the recent years you made a decision not to have someone in your life. You got a chance to re-visit that era again unexpectedly this weekend and it sounds like you didn't want to stay there too long.

It seems to me for you to be able to make a remark, be it catty or not, and be able to tell other new friends about it, speaks well about you.

I'm glad you are here and hope you'll share both any stories you feel comfortable sharing, plus any advice/tips you feel may benefit others.

Growing pains are just that: it hurts to grow. However, how can we change and become who we are and who we want to be without these experiences?

Am looking forward to more of your experiences and lessons learned, let alone how you made it through rough times, natalayjones. BTW - do you ever use a nickname or initials? It is ok if you don't, but just thought I'd ask.

Have a wonderful night knowing you got the "W" in this encounter.

MSR

Old 05-25-2009, 06:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,065,075 times
I'm probably alone in this, but I can't get enough of this manouche stuff.

YouTube - J'aime plus paris - thomas dutronc

Old 05-25-2009, 07:14 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,463,263 times
Lightbulb Journey, and the Journey of Healing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
posting old-school thread for MMC, this is one of my all time faves~Kshe smiles, and leans her her head on MMC's shoulder, I am soooo glad you are here!~

YouTube - Journey - Feeling That Way/Anytime
Hi kshe95girl,

Hope you don't mind if I just go with "kshe." So good to have you here.

Journey- ah what a band. I liked so much of their music. It sounds like you had a very special friend, Jobbie, who also liked Journey.

I'm so very sorry he isn't with us anymore. Thank you for telling us.....
We're here if you want to tell more........he sounds like someone who really made a difference in your life. I'm very sorry for your loss and hope you will give yourself permission to grieve today.

If you could select 5 different Journey songs (or those of other artists), what music do you think would help us learn about your friend, Jobbie, from the music, the words and how the songs were performed?

Sometimes, it truly takes surviving from one hour to the next to get through the hardest times. If Jobbie was here right now and could pick from all the recordings across time, what music would he select for YOU to listen to today? What message would he want you to have, if he could only leave one, that would help you daily as you adjust to his untimely death? What would he pick as music to soothe and comfort you in this difficult time?

I apologize in advance if I have offended you in any way as that wasn't my goal. You seemed to need a safe place to talk about someone so precious to you, to share memories that you may not be able to share with others in your life and to have time to just remember and grieve. One cannot begin to heal without grieving the loss.

Please feel free to DM me, if you don't want to post publically. Or, if you are able to share what those selections of music would be, or how you are feeling or what you find makes you feel the closest to him, feel free to post. The choice is totally yours. Grief is very personal and sometimes it helps to share it and sometimes we try to endure it alone, for whatever reasons.

The journey of healing begins with a single step. Sometimes those first few steps are the hardest. Or sometimes it is going through the first set of holidays or a day like Memorial Day (or his birthday) that brings a flood of emotions. Never be ashamed of tears. Tears are simply emotions turned into liquid.

If you are up to it, I would look forward to hearing some wonderful Journey (or other) lyrics and music, and thinking of the "Journeys" you may have traveled with your dear friend, Jobbie. If not, I do understand.

You take care of yourself today, kshe, and know we're here if you want to chat or recall special memories from San Francisco, or share more about someone so dear to you.

Until later~

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 05-25-2009 at 07:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music