Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 02:30 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,583,893 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Toni Braxton - Breathe Again

YouTube - Toni Braxton - Seven Whole Days

YouTube - Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel

YouTube - Maxwell - Lifetime

Old 05-28-2009, 04:50 AM

27,200 posts, read 46,762,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Joyce is my wife...she suffers from schizophrenia though. The day after we had Thanksgiving dinner at her brother's house, she disappeared. She turned up eventually, but her mother didn't want me to be with her...and that's a funny thing, because she doesn't want Joyce around when she gets violent either. So she got my wife to file a restraining order against me. She isn't mentally competent to file one of those! The judge didn't care--he granted it. I filed for divorce, she didn't show up at the hearing, and the divorce was NOT granted.

I haven't seen her for nearly eight years now. I still worry about her, but I don't have the resources to find out how she's doing, and according to local law--that restraining order has not expired. (I always thought that they did naturally expire after a set time.) How am I supposed to take care of her if I can't be within 50 feet of her? Seriously? One of the biggest regrets in my life--when she was lucid, I could tell she loved me. But the fits were hard for me to handle.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:32 AM

223 posts, read 1,802,404 times
Default Johnny Clegg - Un Zoulou Blanc - The Dancer

Johnny Clegg (docu) - Un Zoulou Blanc - The Dancer

YouTube - Johnny Clegg (docu) - Un Zoulou Blanc - The Dancer

row us to the southwest corner and tie her off
on what you will see is a small dock... well
camoflauged... then follow the animal path
....it'll lead you back to the village of men...

:getting out fishing pole... rummages around
for fishing hat and finding it covers head...
several favorite bait dangle at odd angles:

now, MMC, don't come back here until you
have fully tapped into your primal masculine
fire... :baits the fish line:

dance the dance of men... because let's face it,
Son, most everyone else has forgotten how to
tap into it.... do all that you need to do there...
dance ... wrestle your demons there... get
comfort there cause that's going to be your
womb for the next three days... anybody you
need, you call them from there...

:swings line forward and grunts satisfaction at
the small plop sound:

now you go on and have a fine time... and I'll
just sit out here fishing... camping... and wait
for you when you want to get back... if you need
any talking you'll know where to find me ....right
here on this bank in this boat doing what I love
to do... : pats digeridoo that seems to never leave
his side these days :

See you, Son, in three days.... now don't forget ...
dance primal... eat primal... love primal... be primal!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,077,683 times

YouTube - Javier Solis - Cataclismo

This is a Mexican folk song. Its considered a classic. Its about a man who is very much in love with a women.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:38 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,077,683 times

YouTube - Paul Oakenfold - Reqiem For A Dream (Leama's Dream Mix)

Old 05-28-2009, 06:38 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,640,273 times
Thanks 60-minutes...must be a morning for love songs, was just listening to this old standard - english version of the german original...

Lily Marlene, sung by Anne Shelton

YouTube - Lilli Marlene by Anne Shelton

Old 05-28-2009, 07:06 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,487,823 times
Thumbs up Happy, Belated Birthday Stevie, "GDW," Nicks!

This is a great video as this is one of the tours when Stevie's dad, Jess Nicks, introduced her to the audience. He was proud of her while he was alive and I'm sure he's still proud of her today. I was at Stevie's first solo concert and her dad introduced her that night for the first time. Not many rock stars are able to have their dads introduce them for the show; not many are Stevie Nicks.

I'm glad Stevie kicked her cocaine problem so we still have her around today performing and teaching younger musicians, especially females, how to be successful.

Enjoy this version of: Gold Dust Woman

Thank you Stevie for the decades of great music you've written and performed. You've made life far more pleasant for many of us!

YouTube - Stevie Nicks - Gold Dust Woman - Live

BTW - I didn't see the Gold Shawl on the video. Anyone have any idea of why not? I thought it had been used for 30 years for each performance of GDW.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:07 AM

3,196 posts, read 13,114,526 times
Default for Thy Heart, TKramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Joyce is my wife.... I haven't seen her for nearly eight years now. I still worry about her, but I don't have the resources to find out how she's doing, and according to local law--that restraining order has not expired. (I always thought that they did naturally expire after a set time.) How am I supposed to take care of her if I can't be within 50 feet of her? Seriously? One of the biggest regrets in my life--when she was lucid, I could tell she loved me. But the fits were hard for me to handle.
::: gives Thee a hug::: Dear TKramar.... thank Thee for sharing the story of Thy heart....

::though this one cannot suggest anything... am hoping deeply that folks on this thread may offer suggestions and ideas with regards to Thy questions and concerns:::

Bobby McFerrin vocal w.Ferenc Snétberger acoustc guitar 1

YouTube - Bobby McFerrin vocal w.Ferenc Snétberger acoustc guitar 1

Blessed Be All Who Support Love!

rare

Old 05-28-2009, 07:15 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,123,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
This is a great video as this is one of the tours when Stevie's dad, Jess Nicks, introduced her to the audience. He was proud of her while he was alive and I'm sure he's still proud of her today. I was at Stevie's first solo concert and her dad introduced her that night for the first time. Not many rock stars are able to have their dads introduce them for the show; not many are Stevie Nicks.

I'm glad Stevie kicked her cocaine problem so we still have her around today performing and teaching younger musicians, especially females, how to be successful.

Enjoy this version of: Gold Dust Woman

Thank you Stevie for the decades of great music you've written and performed. You've made life far more pleasant for many of us!

YouTube - Stevie Nicks - Gold Dust Woman - Live

BTW - I didn't see the Gold Shawl on the video. Anyone have any idea of why not? I thought it had been used for 30 years for each performance of GDW.
great song mountain, I've always been a big fan of hers.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:21 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,123,343 times
Live allman's with Duane

YouTube - The Allman Brothers Band with Duane - Whipping Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music