Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:29 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times

Advertisements

I really like the artistry and musicianship of arab music. Here's a video of a friend who I think is one of the greatest tabla players in the world. Took a couple of his workshops and I still practice often.

YouTube - Issam in Taipei
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 05:49 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,769,688 times
Turkish Rock!!!!

Always liked Erkin Koray.

He goes back to the mid 60's

Jeff Beck picked up on a lot of the modes of Middle Eastern music. It's apparent, and it did bode well for him.

Erkin...

YouTube - Erkin Koray - Akrebin Gözleri (orijinal kaset kaydı)

Pick up this CD, it has a lot more going for it that whats playing today.

allmusic ((( Hava Narghile: Middle Eastern Raga Rock Ala Turqui, 1966-1975 (Turkish Rock Music) > Overview )))

Don't know the lyrics? Hey, everyone else the world over knew Bob Dylan, but sang along anyways...

Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,844,147 times
Hello sweet friends....I enjoyed lislening to your beautiful videos.......

desertsun.......Glad to meet you my gorgeous new friend. I will be so happy if you pick any arab song and put it on here...Just try.

Twinkle Toes.......Nice dance fever, it is Indian........Right??

Dabeez...........Wonderful oriental music( altabla is great).......... especially the young girl...very sweet.

newmex.......Nice Turkish rock.......it is my first time to hear it, but I like it so much.
Thank you so much....So weet of you!!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:05 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post

desertsun.......Glad to meet you my gorgeous new friend. I will be so happy if you pick any arab song and put it on here...Just try.

Dabeez...........Wonderful oriental music( altabla is great).......... especially the young girl...very sweet.

newmex.......Nice Turkish rock.......it is my first time to hear it, but I like it so much.
Ummm......gorgeous? No one ever called me that. Mona I know little about your country. The American school system sucks real bad and do a real poor job teaching kids about other cultures. This could be good reason why there is racism or hatred to people or countries we humans dont even know or never even met. Humans fear what we dont understand dont we.

Many times we only hear what our governments tell us, which is never and never has been the truth. But lets not bring my mortal enemy into our mutual love for music. May the govt rot in burning hell.

You asked I pick a Turkish song. I can not listen to music that is in another language. In America we have to tolerate Mexicans playing that deplorable horrible nasty tuba junk salsa on all the job sites and the noise polution in parks. The cops let them play that garbage loud and ruin everyone elses outing. If anyone complained then they are called racist, and the cops will be accused of profiling and discrimination so they leave them be.

I often wonder how when American bands play other countries, how do they listen to us when they dont understand the lyrics. I couldn't do it.

Carry on my friend. Nothing wrong with you educating us on some of your cultures. Go for it.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:

I don't know. I just saw it one day and really liked it - especially the dancing. Just thought I'd share. I knew you'd enjoy it!!!

Have a beautiful day, Mona!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:29 PM

YouTube - Mohamed Hamaki 08: Habibi Law Za3lan

Old 05-08-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Ummm......gorgeous? No one ever called me that. Mona I know little about your country. The American school system sucks real bad and do a real poor job teaching kids about other cultures. This could be good reason why there is racism or hatred to people or countries we humans dont even know or never even met. Humans fear what we dont understand dont we.

Many times we only hear what our governments tell us, which is never and never has been the truth. But lets not bring my mortal enemy into our mutual love for music. May the govt rot in burning hell.

You asked I pick a Turkish song. I can not listen to music that is in another language. In America we have to tolerate Mexicans playing that deplorable horrible nasty tuba junk salsa on all the job sites and the noise polution in parks. The cops let them play that garbage loud and ruin everyone elses outing. If anyone complained then they are called racist, and the cops will be accused of profiling and discrimination so they leave them be.

I often wonder how when American bands play other countries, how do they listen to us when they dont understand the lyrics. I couldn't do it.

Carry on my friend. Nothing wrong with you educating us on some of your cultures. Go for it.

Okay desertsun!! It is a great pleasure to introduce my culture to all CDers and to you in particular... I Will do my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't know. I just saw it one day and really liked it - especially the dancing. Just thought I'd share. I knew you'd enjoy it!!!

Have a beautiful day, Mona!!!

Many thanks Twinkle Toes!! Have a beautiful day too...I am really glad to know you.....You are so sweet.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:49 PM

I love this song more than myself.

The singer is Laila Morad.
The song is : I have no hope in this life than to see you happy.

YouTube - ‫اغاني فيلم غزل البنات - ليلى مراد مليش أمل في الدنيا دي‬‎

Old 05-08-2009, 03:53 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,821,340 times
New-Mona, as we're talking about Egypt in general I'd like to add I was taught some things about your country when I was a kid during the history classes. You have one of the greatest, oldest and terrific history. You're ex civilization was really top notch and a few countries can compare with Egypt when it comes to history. And sure Great Sphinx and Great Pyramid of Giza are true materpieces. The Great Pyramid of Giza is the only survivor of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and it's cool. It's still the great mystery how they managed to build that great pyramid.

And yep, you have the wonderful resorts like Sharm el-Sheikh. Lemme tell ya lots of people I know visit that city to spend their vacation

Old 05-08-2009, 04:04 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,769,688 times
Quote:

Awwwww...you are sweet too, and full of energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music