Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 08:55 PM

52,685 posts, read 47,943,222 times

Advertisements

How I Got To Memphis - Bobby Bare

YouTube - Bobby Bare - How I Got To Memphis

Old 08-12-2009, 09:44 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,281 times

YouTube - Ozzy Osbourne-Dreamer

Old 08-12-2009, 09:57 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,921,440 times

YouTube - Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough - Patti Smyth & Don Henley

Old 08-12-2009, 10:07 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,008,826 times
always loved this one from her:
YouTube - Suzanne Vega - Marlene On The Wall

Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 PM

529 posts, read 1,335,613 times
laughs... Big brother Jim! living in 2 places at once
is a Sci-Fi dream come true! Paolo Nutini, exciting!

A waterfall... MSR-san's song, exquisite! Subsequent songs
so deeply feeling. Thank you all

Josh Groban and Julia Murney - You and I {Musical Chess}

YouTube - Josh Groban duet from "Chess"

: settles in...full of smiles. Breathless at the extensive
library... beautifully bound leather books... and new
friends! :

Ewan Mcgregor & Nicole Kiddman - Come What May
{Moulin Rouge, clips from Titanic}

YouTube - Titanic - Come What May - Moulin Rouge

Last edited by shyangel; 08-13-2009 at 12:00 AM..

Old 08-13-2009, 01:22 AM

3,198 posts, read 13,105,066 times
Default Love Calls (You By Your Name)

::quietly settling by the fountain...smiling over at shyangel...

summer breeze.... soft tenderness... heart filled with happy memories...
recalling Sir's gifts of song and laughter...
ah! such a beauty filled world of Love has been given!

Headstrong Feat. Kirsty Hawkshaw - Love Calls (You By You're Name)

YouTube - Headstrong Feat. Kirsty Hawkshaw - Love Calls (You By You're Name)

Don't Give Up, Don't give in
Feed the strength deep withing
Let your spirit rise, Let it flow
When love calls you, you will know...

Keep your faith, Saved a prayer
let your instincts, take you there
And as you rush, and as you rise
Love will shine, in your eyes...

Love calls you by your name
Love calls you by your name
Love calls you by your name, Once again...

Helio & Julianne Viennese waltz

YouTube - Helio & Julianne Viennese waltz

rare

Old 08-13-2009, 01:31 AM

529 posts, read 1,335,613 times
refreshments ready... giggles

dips into ice cream... i bet he tells her

lowers lantern light...

She Loves Me (musical) - Part 9

YouTube - She Loves Me (musical) part 9

Katie Fisher - You

YouTube - Fisher -You

Old 08-13-2009, 04:24 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,435,221 times
Lightbulb A Deeper Understanding, Jim, of What is Done, "In the Name of Love,"

From RFSilver:

"I got to catch-up on everything!

Hey MSR!! That's a great imitation of me! haaaahahaha!"

Hey Jim - AKA RF Silver, Glad you could laugh at what I wrote. Also, thanks for the rep point. In no way was I mocking or making fun of you. Quite the opposite, actually. I was thinking about your reaction when YOU read what Topaz_Flowers had written and done for you. And how many of us remember our first time being truly motivated to do as much good as possible, as well as the source of motivation.

I'll take your remark as a compliment, as often, the more we learn about others, it often becomes easier with time and practice, to anticipate what the other person will/won't do in certain situations.

I have given a great deal of thought to something you asked so many pages ago that I never had time to answer, until now. Basically, you asked me if I had ever felt inspired enough by another person that I did things differently, or maybe did good deeds for people without asking etc. My answer is yes. There is a feeling of love, with the right person, that can only inspire one to do better in his/her own life. Plus, the everyday tasks and obstacles we face, suddenly don't seem to drain us as much.

Love, especially unconditional love, is a very powerful motivator, or can be if one seeks to do good with the security, acceptance, feelings of safety and comfort among other feelings making the recipient attempt new behaviors to benefit others. With love instead of fear, a person finds that all good deeds seem possible. Unconditional love, as we've been told, can have one of the youngest people on the bus inspiring older riders that a day. Since it exciting to just be alive in a free country and able to go to work, let alone adore a woman so much an extra stop on the bus route to left off some steam was needed, yours is a moving story for many to read.

Other riders won't forget the positive and pure energy they witnessed, from their bus-mate, who perhaps was experiencing the full feelings and understanding the true meaning of unconditional love for the first time. Or, at least they saw a young man who is experiencing a newly learned understanding of love and sharing it with others. I suspect those bus-mates will not forget that day soon, if at all.

This song takes on new meaning for me now, given your expeirences you've shared, Jim.

As you listen to the lyrics I've posted, along with the others in the song which aren't posted, think of people who did good things for others and who or what motivated them. Jim, you are capable of many things since you have discovered what unconditional love and acceptance feel like and in turn, what you want to share with others.

As you describe your process of translating your feelings into kind and inspiring actions for others (thus my suggestion you may want to think about writing as a career, if it interests you), that is part of what I mean when I see the growth in you from your first post to what you write now.

On your famous wall of posts, I hope you have added your own so you can remember, if needed, what you use to think vs. what you know now. Also, how happy and settled were you in your daily life compared to now?

"Pride (In The Name of Love)" has some very powerful lyrics, if one thinks of the person/people motivated by unconditional love to help others. These are some of the lyrics to this song:

"One man caught on a barbed wire fence
One man he resist
One man washed on an empty beach
One man betrayed with a kiss"

"In the name of love!
What more in the name of love?
In the name of love!
What more? In the name of love!"

"Early morning, April 4
Shot rings out in the Memphis sky
Free at last, they took your life
They could not take your pride"

YouTube - U2 - Pride (In The Name Of Love): Sepia Version

Unconditional love isn't always between a intimate couple. Think of the people referenced indirectly in the above lyrics I selected to include. Were we not shown the greatest sacrifice one can make (his/her life) so that others may benefit? I think so

I'll be interested in your view, Jim (and others). Sorry there isn't a whole concert here, just one song so you can look up the lyrics, if you don't know them. Also, please think about the unconditional love and ***** what motivated the 4 who wrote the song to write it.

MSR -

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 08-13-2009 at 04:33 AM..

Old 08-13-2009, 04:37 AM

2,897 posts, read 20,338,173 times
Voyage au Fond des Mer (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea)

YouTube - Voyage au Fond des Mers

Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,435,221 times
Lightbulb I Pretend and Saddest Victory (Sandy Stewart w/ Stevie Nicks)

I heard both of these songs for the first time just hours ago. Their combined story was moving to me knowing some of the work Sandy Stewart and Stevie Nicks co-wrote together, such as "Nightbirds."

Stevie Nicks and Sandy Stewart co-wrote or otherwise collaborated on many songs Stevie has released in her solo career. Additionally, on Sandy Stewart's 1984 Album, "Cat Dancer," recorded for Modern Records, a record company which Stevie Nicks co-owns, Stevie sings duets or back ups on 3 of songs on Sandy's Album.

Unfortunately, the two friends had something happen that separated them. Some say this duet with Sandy and Stevie, "I Pretend," aparently tells part of the story.

Verse #1 was written by Sandy Stewart, Verse #2 was written by Stevie Nicks and the Final Verse was written by Sandy Stewart. You'll have to listen and/or search for the information contained in Verse #3 as I didn't post it.

"Someone's son, someone's man
Someone's inspiration, someone's friend
I depend on sleep to take me to you once again
And if I don't wake up to see
You standing here in front of me,
A dream won't die, a love won't end
'Cause you're forever mine
When I pretend--S. Stewart

"If I accept what cannot be,
No longer count on destiny
A dream won't die, a love won't end
'Cause you're forever mine
When I pretend
"

YouTube - I Pretend - Sandy Stewart & Stevie Nicks [Duet]

Various publications say the rest of the story is told in this Sandy Stewart song, with Stevie singing back up vocals.

Saddest Victory

"And so my friend, as you count your lies
Does a man forget what the soul denies
Well, you can try to forget, so you say—
But you won’t wish away the day . . ."

"So you have won, and you have conquered
And you have lost a friend in me
How does it feel
You just won your saddest victory"

YouTube - Sandy Stewart - Saddest Victory

Some saddening thoughts to think about if perhaps we don't give enough attention/time to our loyal friends who have always been there for us and helped us become who we are.

Take the time for those who matter to you.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music