Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:38 PM

602 posts, read 2,033,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
Bernard Summer of New Order.
Bernard Sumner isn't gay:

Bernard Sumner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did a Google search and found this article:
PrideSource - Playin' Hooky

It gave some interesting info about New Order and maybe why some people think they're gay. They do seem to have a bit of following in the gay community, but I think its just because New Order is a great band.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 01:11 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
I'm not sure if she's gay (I think she's bi) but she is fire.

Lady Luck from Brick City, NJ

YouTube - Lady Luck Freestyle In New Jersey

Old 02-18-2010, 06:00 PM

191 posts, read 272,817 times
Rob Halford from Judas Priest and Doug Pinnick from King's X

Old 02-18-2010, 06:13 PM

503 posts, read 710,106 times
elton john and boy george.
beth ditto is good too.
lil richard.

i've always felt lambert tries to be gay for publicity.if 20 years from now in a book he wrote he was never really gay but knew he could be marketed to gay people and make money,i would not be surprised.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:15 PM

503 posts, read 710,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
For longevity, Dave Davies beats Elton and (barely) Bowie.

Mick Jagger has never admitted to being bi but there are a large number of books out there which claim he is, like Marianne Faithfull's autobiography (and she'd know better than anyone else) and "Jagger Uncensored". Also there are at least two urban legends regarding Mick being bi: that he was getting it on with Brian Jones who was definitely bi (and the Stones' song "Miss Amanda Jones" is actually about Brian - the Stones were controversial enough in the '60s even with changing the subject of the song to a female) and that Jagger and Bowie slept together. The British politician Tom Driberg (of whom Winston Churchill said, "Tom Driberg is the sort of person who gives sodomy a bad name) had the hots for Mick and acted as the Stones' protector when they were under immense legal pressure out of having the hots for the young Mick but there's no evidence that Driberg's lust was anything but unrequited.
i believe jim morrison and janis joplin were also bisexual.from what i've read.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:28 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Having a thread about gay musicians is like starting a thread about crooked politicians: there are simply so many of them as to erase any novelty whatsoever. Besides, my longtime music experience has taught me that the general public, i.e. you guys, know very little about the real sexual preferences of musicians and celebrities. You only know what the media tells you, unless of course you happen to know some of these guys personally. And I can personally attest to the fact that musicians love to dupe the media all the time when it comes to their personal lives; I've seen straight dudes goof on the paparazzi by pretending to make-out with each other when they know the pap is watching, just so they can have a good laugh when the expose' story comes out in the tabloids.
"And besides all that, what exactly constitutes "gay" anyway? I've been with dozens of women but one time during a MMF threesome the other dude's unit brushed against me, and I didn't mind. Does this make me gay? Anyone who knows me would say I'm as macho as they come, but who really knows? The shadow? LOL.
It's like Robert Downey Jr. says: "Hey, this is Hollywood; everybody's gay once in awhile."

Old 02-18-2010, 11:17 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I was surprised to find out that in the music business, there where so many Gay artist in the industry. Some of the names I was surprised to see.

Regardless of their sexual orientation they still made some awesome music...
That's true, and I've often thought the same about some straight artists, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:00 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,980,642 times

YouTube - sylvester - you make me feel (mighty real)

Old 02-19-2010, 01:33 PM

46 posts, read 116,673 times
I think everyone had suspicions about Elton John's sexual preference before he came out. Those flamboyant costumes gave it away. Doesn't matter to me what an artist is, as long as he-she-it sounds good and has talent.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeo2194 View Post
i believe jim morrison and janis joplin were also bisexual.from what i've read.
I always knew that Janis Joplin was bisexual, but where did you hear that about Jim Morrison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music