Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 11:52 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,329,109 times

Advertisements

Hi, me and my girlfriend are traveling to Myrtle Beach for Spring Break next week. I already checked and the Family Kingdom Amusement Park near our hotel won't be opening back up for the season for another week. We are both under 21, and I would like to ask any Myrtle Beach citizens or visitors what all can we do. We are coming from Texas so we have no knowledge of the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 AM

226 posts, read 369,069 times
My husband (he was my boyfriend then) went to Myrtle Beach one year for spring break and were under 21. We had a ton of fun! Went to the beach, caught a couple of shows (check out Medieval Times, Alabama Theater, Carolina Opry, and more), went and played mini-golf (tons of different mini-golf places), played laser tag, went on a dinner cruise, and deep sea fishing (shark fishing).
Of course we went out to all kinds of restaurants and even went to the movies one night. Check out Broadway at the Beach for some fun shopping, and there are some Tanger Outlets too. I think there are some clubs for 18+ and they'll probably give you a wristband or something since you're under 21. I think there is an aquarium up there too.
When you get to the hotel, make sure to check near the front desk for racks full of coupons and ideas for things to do. It will save you guys some $$ too

Have fun!

Old 03-09-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwarfield View Post
My husband (he was my boyfriend then) went to Myrtle Beach one year for spring break and were under 21. We had a ton of fun! Went to the beach, caught a couple of shows (check out Medieval Times, Alabama Theater, Carolina Opry, and more), went and played mini-golf (tons of different mini-golf places), played laser tag, went on a dinner cruise, and deep sea fishing (shark fishing).
Of course we went out to all kinds of restaurants and even went to the movies one night. Check out Broadway at the Beach for some fun shopping, and there are some Tanger Outlets too. I think there are some clubs for 18+ and they'll probably give you a wristband or something since you're under 21. I think there is an aquarium up there too.
When you get to the hotel, make sure to check near the front desk for racks full of coupons and ideas for things to do. It will save you guys some $$ too

Have fun!
Thank you so much! I want to make sure we do stuff that we can only do in Myrtle Beach so this trip isn't a waste of money like my parents suggest!

Old 03-09-2015, 07:50 PM

199 posts, read 257,910 times
Barefoot landing is another good place to go shop, eat, etc. It's similar to Broadway at the Beach and is in North Myrtle. Keep in mind that although it is spring break for a lot of colleges it still isn't prime tourist season yet so some places may have limited hours or may not be open at all. It shouldn't hold y'all back from being able to do anything though.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpirate View Post
Barefoot landing is another good place to go shop, eat, etc. It's similar to Broadway at the Beach and is in North Myrtle. Keep in mind that although it is spring break for a lot of colleges it still isn't prime tourist season yet so some places may have limited hours or may not be open at all. It shouldn't hold y'all back from being able to do anything though.
Thanks for the tips! I will keep Barefoot Landing in mind!

Old 03-11-2015, 06:20 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Check out this website:

102 Fun Things To Do in Myrtle Beach! - MyrtleBeach.com

Old 03-11-2015, 01:08 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times
If you like live music, slip on up to North Myrtle...on Main St. Duck's Beach Club or Deckerz both have live bands...and they're GOOD bands! On Sunday afternoons, 1-5, (in Cherry Grove) Harolds on the Ocean has live bands on the tiki deck...so much fun!

These are really good, professional bands...not "throw together" garage bands. Lots of "dance" music...and tons of fun!

Old 03-12-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
If you like live music, slip on up to North Myrtle...on Main St. Duck's Beach Club or Deckerz both have live bands...and they're GOOD bands! On Sunday afternoons, 1-5, (in Cherry Grove) Harolds on the Ocean has live bands on the tiki deck...so much fun!

These are really good, professional bands...not "throw together" garage bands. Lots of "dance" music...and tons of fun!
I think we may check that out, thanks for the advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area