Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:32 AM

2 posts, read 10,600 times

Advertisements

What is the monthly maintenance fee at Captain's Cove?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 02:27 PM

21 posts, read 79,469 times
Default Murrell's Inlet

I too would like to hear more about Captains Cove and any others others there. Fees for maintenance, etc. Any ideas or tidbits..visiting this summer for a possible move.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:32 PM

21 posts, read 79,469 times
Default hurricans and tornado

Do you fear hurricanes in a mobile home...do you board up. Now with the tornado's...just wondered as no basements :O

Old 05-15-2011, 08:37 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
There is also Windjammer Village which has a pool and mobile homes. Although it is for all ages.
I find that helpful when other family members and children come to visit. It is quite a nice park though and I think the lease is around 300 ( if not less) per month.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:00 AM

2 posts, read 5,396 times
Hey,

We purchased a place in Captains cove. We absolutely love it. We are down at least once every month sometimes more.....We also purchased a pass to Huntington beach state park. The monthly fees just went up to 330. That only includes garbage and refuse pickup. Water and sewer are separate. There is a pool and club house and the people are really great...

Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozycrafter View Post
Do you fear hurricanes in a mobile home...do you board up. Now with the tornado's...just wondered as no basements :O
Mobile Homes must have a wind rating of 3 to be able to be brought into Horry or Georgetown County and set up.

No homes down here have basements. We are either at or below sea level in most cases.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:53 AM

6 posts, read 8,972 times
I USED to live in my mother's mobile home in Captain's Cove on Poolside Dr., and LOVED it. Would give anything to move back there. I'm under 55, but a quiet, single woman with no kids, I fit right in. The people were wonderful, the pool always nice and clean. Lots of things going on in the clubhouse. They may not let me move back in until I am 55, and I'm still looking for work in the area. But maybe one day.

We too got yearly passes for Huntington Beach State Park - that's where we usually went to the beach. Loved that place too.

Ah... great memories.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,727 times
Looking for updated information on living in Captian's Cove vs Jensen Community. single women 63

Old 08-15-2018, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,278 times
I read this thread, and find it very interesting. We are moving from New Hampshire to escape the cold winters. We are considering a mobile home in a nice park and Captain's Cove sounds very nice. What do the lot rental fees include? Do you find they are stable or do they increase each year? We will be on fixed income and want to plan our budget. What other bills do we need to think about, electricity, water, sewer, trash, insurance, flood insurance, etc.... Our electric bill is very high here, but in some places it's much lower, so what is the average electric bill please?
We are looking to find a nice neighborhood where we will meet some nice folks and be included in community. This sounds very good. I have a little dog so a mobile home would suit us better than a condo. He's a maltese, very friendly and sweet. How far is it to the beach from Captain's cove?

Old 06-20-2019, 03:56 PM

88 posts, read 167,219 times
We are looking at the three main 55+ communities in Garden City/Murrells Inlet and would like to find out more about Captain's Cove, what you get for the HOA payment. Do they have a website where I can find out things like grass cutting etc. Do we cut it or do they? I have many questions and feel like a website would probably answer many of them. Is there a website?
Any other information that you can lend us would be appreciated.

Regards,
Len
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area