Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 04:42 PM

132 posts, read 174,292 times

Advertisements

My house in Surfside has the tubes inside the walls. Taexx.Trouble is, you can only use the company who installed them because they are the only ones with the key to open it. The company we have is $98 every 3 months and he does a complete job, also spraying outside and removing any bees nests etc.The benefit is no pesticides are sprayed inside. Now if you want a regular exterminator that comes in and sprays inside the house that's cheaper, about $ 60.
I have never seen a mosquito or a roach ( palmetto bug) outside my house in over 5 years. But I am very close to the ocean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 05:42 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times
I use a regular exterminator. They come 4 times a year and charge $50 or maybe $60, I can't remember which. No spraying inside my house - they spray the perimeter and only outside around the edges of my house. I don't have any bug problems at all. My house is a couple blocks from the ocean and I have a lake in my backyard.

Most of the people I know use the regular exterminators. I don't know if they use the perimeter service or have them spray inside - never thought to ask them.

There are quite a few exterminator companies in the area and from what I've heard they all charge about the same.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:20 AM

97 posts, read 110,832 times
Where exactly in the south are you considering? For reference I live in Warner Robins which is located in central Georgia near Macon. As far as buggers go we spray about every 3mo (2× a year) and we dont spray in the months of Nov.-Mar. Because in this part of Georgia the overnight lows during this time are typically in the mid 20s to the low 40s w/days in the low 40s-60s most buggers are dead during this period and we dont have problems. We pay about $150 per treatment for exterior pest and termite control and have no bug problems at all. All developments in Georgia typically have city or county sewer systems you usually only find septic tank systems in very rural areas or homes that could not afford to have city or county systems ran to there homes. Our water bill is about $55 per month for a 3 person home. Keep in mind rates are higher during the day than at night! Other maintenance you can consider is home hurricane protection even in inland areas the weather can still be pretty nasty. (Ex hurricane Irma) just have your trees trimmed away from your home and storm shutters installed if your going to live on the coast. Have your HVAC system checked yearly you'll be using it most of the year. If your home has forced air heating it may have a gas pilot that rarely needs to be relit (by a professional only). Lawn maintenance is a must from late-March to late-October.

Last edited by tj1994; 08-21-2018 at 06:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area