Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 06:48 PM

790 posts, read 1,619,379 times

Advertisements

Horry county sprays many areas within the county for mosquitoes. I don't know about Charleston. Perhaps post on their site?

Palmetto bugs are a fact of life in SC. Generally, establishing an exterior home spraying routine will keep them away. You can hire a company to do it but I find that doing it myself usually works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2023, 03:32 AM

144 posts, read 146,102 times
Bugs?
Hey, it's green here and we get lots of rain yearly.
Makes an ideal climate for bugs.
We also have quite a few types of snakes.
But since we moved here last year we have not had a problem with either of them.

Old 06-12-2023, 03:46 PM

914 posts, read 2,917,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7kkk View Post
Bugs?
Hey, it's green here and we get lots of rain yearly.
Makes an ideal climate for bugs.
We also have quite a few types of snakes.
But since we moved here last year we have not had a problem with either of them.
Thanks for your response. Does SC get more rain than Florida? I’ve never been to SC but have been to FL where my mother lives and the rain in the summer isn’t too bad. They also have fogger trucks going around at night and that keeps the mosquitoes down and she has a monthly pest control service. She does get anoles (lizards) and something called Ghost Ants which I had never heard about before.

Old 06-13-2023, 05:27 PM

790 posts, read 1,619,379 times
In my experience, FL gets more rain. I used to travel frequently to Tampa and it rained at some point nearly every afternoon during the summer. SC does get Tstorms in the summer, but nothing like FL.

Yes, we do have fogger trucks and anoles. If you stay on top of treatment, most household pests can be minimized.

Old 06-18-2023, 08:31 PM

764 posts, read 507,869 times
@looking4home,
check this out,
https://weather-and-climate.com/aver...tes-of-America

replace "greenville" with another SC city name if so desired.

Old 08-02-2023, 06:52 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,035 times
We had a big black bug swoop down and get my small doggie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area