Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 11:39 AM

3 posts, read 18,085 times

Advertisements

I just signed a lease on a house in Naples Park only to find out about a site called crimereports.com that has made me totally reconsider. I am from Miami, and I am very aware that crime is everywhere. But when you see the Naples Park area vs other areas of Naples, it's a bit scary. The City of Miami does not report to that site so I haven't been able to compare it to where I currently live.

Can anyone give me some insight? Please! Is Naples Park really that bad of a neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 12:20 PM

103 posts, read 432,793 times
There is a big mix in Naples PArk. I have a few co-workers that live in that area and really like it though. They own homes there. It's a great location! I'm only guessing...but I would think the crime in NAples PArk wouldn't compare to Miami. I would imagine it to be significantly safer.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:14 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,790,621 times
Cicilyb is right. It's mixed in there. There are plenty of decent people though.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:19 PM

57 posts, read 111,749 times
I happen to like Naples Park its one of the original neighborhoods in Naples with great local.. My husbands parents live in Naples Park and have for over 10 years never had a prob.. My grandmother lived there for 25 years never had a prob. It depends on what street ur on too.. The lower the better street wise and block wise.. 500 block being most desired followed by 600 and so forth.. Its a nice mix of just working people. Nothing to worry about IMO and if given the right street/block with an okay price I'd consider a house in there.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:26 PM

3 posts, read 21,089 times
I've been renting in Naples Park on 108th Ave N since June 2005 and my immediate neighbors are very very nice. There are some duplexes across the street and those folks are nice too; we all wave hello to each other. There was an unfortunate murder-suicide in one of the duplexes this past May...everyone was heart-broken and I still think about that couple to this day; they had not been there very long. But it's a sign of the times...these are very hard times and it had nothing to do with the neighborhood. I can't say that every person on every street is fine and dandy but overall, Naples Park is okay...just wish there were more sidewalks and a park for the children, though mine are all grown.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:20 PM

597 posts, read 1,443,568 times
I realize this is an old post but I was wondering what people are thinking about the area now?

I was was by the Ritz and saw a open house sign and followed it and went in to check it out. It looked nice $349,000 3/2/1 A Canadian couple was selling it. They had renovated it.

I saw many duplexes with grow men "hanging out" my their cars, looking at me like I was a cop or something. LOL

Also, on another street I saw A LOT of duplexes. One had a living room couch on the side walk and a man was just "sittin" drinking a huge bottle of beer. Nice feature that I never thought of....LOL That is truly "outdoor living" at it's finest.

So since there are no deed restrictions, the city does nothing about the couch dwellers and the broken furniture I guess.

There were nice homes but I would see one or two nice ones and then 7 bad ones. Maybe eventually the prices will go up and the "investors" will sell instead of renting and then the "couch dwellers" will have to move on. One can only
hope.

Last edited by ILoveLidoBeach; 03-30-2014 at 02:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: