Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 07:12 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,965,807 times

Advertisements

Had a situation today. Kids(4 of them) including my daughter were outside playing when this pesticide truck rolls up on the opposite building as ours. Guys get out and start up this huge motor and start spraying with a huge power washer type spray. It was high powered and the spray extended a good 6 feet in either direction. They sprayed the trees the grass the sidewalks etc. Kids were scootering 10-15 ft away when they started. I herded the kids to the other side and told them stay away and if they felt wet land on them to move further away.

The guys finished and while their motor was still idling I cupped my hands over my mouth and yelled from across the street "Is that stuff even safe for these kids to be around?".. He didn't hear me or something and he got pissed off and shut off the motor and goes "what?" so I repeated myself. I said you're spraying it all over the grass and trees and the kids were playing there, is it safe? He replied "I don't have to tell you anything, better yet whats your name I'll tell the back office the lady in building .... doesn't like having pesticides sprayed".. I said don't bother, I will. I said "it was a simple yes or no question I have a neurological disorder and my daughter has severe allergies" So he says " so what I'm spraying this in your kids faces" I said don't put words in my mouth I asked if its safe to be spraying it that close to the kids... He got in his car without a word and drove off.

I walked down to the office and the lady then told me she doesn't have to tell me anything I'm renting from a private owner etc etc. Call the HOA. I said I'm asking for someone to tell me if this is safe or not. She said yah sure its safe for kids. I said then why is he putting up signs? She had nothing to say and threw up her hands and said "whatever"

They send over an HOA lady who then goes off on me about how he's contracted to spray all the buildings. I said if he has that many buildings and he sees small kids playing why would be spray where they're playing. I said better yet if he had just come up to me and said " hey we're going to be spraying right there, its safe for the kids but I wanted to let you know" I would have been fine with that too. Or tell me its not safe I don't care. Her response " here's your 1 day out of 365 day warning, put your kids inside" and walked off. I never received an answer from the actual pesticide guy if it was safe.

About a half hour later after I brought my kid in I hear a high power pressure washer against my door. I open it and he sprayed my door and under it. The pesticide pushed through under my door. He also proceeded to spray my entire hallway. Is this even acceptable or safe? I never got a yes or no if its safe from him. What do I do?

I'm confused about the total pest control barrier 5-10 feet off wall. Does that mean he has to stay that far from the wall? I mean he sprayed my entire hallway.

Last edited by Sweetbottoms; 12-05-2016 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 05:09 AM

351 posts, read 492,413 times
I have been told by my pest folks that pesticide is safe - once it is dry.

I disagree with the above statement. I think pesticides are dangerous. Anyway, I think you are justified to be angry. I don't like the look of your hallway. It's scary wet. I'd be very very upset about the spraying near the kids.

I think your pest person just didn't care. He was 'getting the job done'. Yikes.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:28 PM

7 posts, read 6,543 times
I'm so sorry you went through this. I would be pissed off too. It seems like we can't get away from these pesticides they ar everywhere . I pray your kids will be okay. I was in the same situation as your kids when I was 7 months pregnant I walked outside and someone was spraying and I didn't know it until it wa stop late . Those jerks shouldn't spray with people around ��

Old 01-07-2017, 03:37 PM

121 posts, read 214,067 times
In (very) short, it depends on the pesticide, dosage, and the host.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples