Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 07:05 AM

7 posts, read 7,411 times

Advertisements

My question is regarding the demographics in Golden Gate estate. I've noticed that the population in the area is roughly half white with most of the remaining being Hispanic. I've been glanced over to the demographics of the schools and saw that the majority of the students are Hispanic leaving the minority either white or black.

1. Could anyone help me understand how that is possible? Do the white people send their kids to private schools? Or?

2. In your area alone, let's say the street you live on, what would you say the demographics are there? Where do you see the demographics going in the future?

we're currently looking into buying a home and we've noticed on our street it's a pretty good mix of both white and Hispanic. It's not always the case but it's often that the white people are much older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 08:07 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Are you talking GGE or Golden Gate City?

The estates are huge so I’m not sure you can generalize as different areas go to different schools.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:19 AM

I'm talking about Golden Gate Estates. I am very aware there are two different parts that get confused often, but yes I'm talking about the Estates not the city. Well it's very easy if you use the internet! :-) you can look at the district and see what schools are within the district. You can research demographics based on zip codes, etc. thanks for your concern though! I know the two areas he can see is very often but I'm well aware of the difference. Are you from the Estates?

Old 07-19-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Are you talking GGE or Golden Gate City?

The estates are huge so I’m not sure you can generalize as different areas go to different schools.

also Collier County has a website that allows you to see the demographics of each of their schools. It was quite easy to do the research. I just can't make sense of the numbers though.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:41 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
I would look towards the northern end that is zoned for Gulf Coast.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:31 AM

1,333 posts, read 2,197,769 times
I think the trend in Florida and all over the country is the white population is aging and has on average lower birthrates than the Hispanic and black populations, which are younger and have higher birthrates.

It's probably even more prevalent in a retiree market like Naples where the whites would tend to be wealthier retirees with no children in the schools. It makes sense the school age population would be more diverse.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:53 PM

331 posts, read 452,443 times
It appears by your questioning that you are younger parents with kids. GGE in most parts are working class folks and the neighborhoods are mixed and there are older white folks that are retirees. Me being one of those retirees. My street is pretty much mixed but only 2 white kids and 2 mixed. I did not want to live in an undiversified gated community and appreciate the cultural and ethnic differences. There are enough white kids around because I see them on their RTV's going down the street.

Many of the new homes are ones smaller scale which I will say are started homes blue collar families are buying and many are of ethnic races. Most of the larger homes were bought by retirees when the market was down. So I would say when these people leave more affluent people who don't mind the diversity would move in.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:02 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
We're across the canal from "Logan Woods" (which is actually part of GGE) and most of the kids on my street are white with a few hispanic. My son's friend a few doors down is AA, but he moved a few years ago. My kids went to private school through middle school, and then GCHS. There was a nice mix in all of them. No complaints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: