Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 02:50 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,355,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post

Here you want my honest brutal take on this...I say if you’re a balding man with crooked teeth and a fat stomach you should probably wear more clothes not less, same with women. Someone like me who goes to the gym and has a nice complexion with a clean cut haircut I can probably get away with wearing just a T-Shirt. The world isn’t fair, it’s definitely shallow so don’t get mad at me, I just see the world for what it is and act accordingly. I treat everyone the same wether they are the janitor or CEO, no one in my book gets put on an emotional pedestal, no one.
Nothing wrong with being cocky if you can deliver the results. If you were a top agent making these comments, living the lifestyle, we'd be cheering you on. A one off buyer who doesn't care what you look like is great (maybe they really cared what you looked like it and went the other way ), is not a good sample size.

I don't like dressing up either, I never wear a tie but I can still put on a nice button up shirt that I got for $20 from Nordstrom Rack, a $30 pair of designer pants from the same store, a watch that looks $500+ but is really $69 and 'walk the walk' with the buyer. I also drove my scooter around south beach and sold $3ML in real estate in my first year licensed. I even put a young (female) buyer on the back wearing a dress and drove her around. Thankfully she bought from me as i was mortified I didn't bring my car and she didn't own a car. Would I do that again? Of course not. Just like I wouldn't recommend you to wear a bathing suit to a $700k condo just because you're 'near the beach'.

Let's revisit this thread in 1-2 years when You've sold $10ML+.Otherwise you're just another guy complaining about dressing up in FL like the rest of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 03:16 PM

45 posts, read 37,694 times
My brutally honest take is that you desperately need a mentor who has had the kind of success in the real estate industry that you wish to achieve. Find that person, listen to him or her and then follow the advice given, even if it is inconsistent with your world view and personal brand. This is a tried and true recipe for success.

Old 11-02-2020, 03:48 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Nothing wrong with being cocky if you can deliver the results. If you were a top agent making these comments, living the lifestyle, we'd be cheering you on. A one off buyer who doesn't care what you look like is great (maybe they really cared what you looked like it and went the other way ), is not a good sample size.

I don't like dressing up either, I never wear a tie but I can still put on a nice button up shirt that I got for $20 from Nordstrom Rack, a $30 pair of designer pants from the same store, a watch that looks $500+ but is really $69 and 'walk the walk' with the buyer. I also drove my scooter around south beach and sold $3ML in real estate in my first year licensed. I even put a young (female) buyer on the back wearing a dress and drove her around. Thankfully she bought from me as i was mortified I didn't bring my car and she didn't own a car. Would I do that again? Of course not. Just like I wouldn't recommend you to wear a bathing suit to a $700k condo just because you're 'near the beach'.

Let's revisit this thread in 1-2 years when You've sold $10ML+.Otherwise you're just another guy complaining about dressing up in FL like the rest of them.

I don’t plan on being here long term.. I’m ready for something out west like CA or CO. I’ve learned so much though and have no regrets my time spent in Naples. I also don’t see myself being a real estate agent my entire life, I would like to explore other paths and new industries and climb new mountains so to speak.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun back in the day, that’s awesome!

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 11-02-2020 at 04:31 PM..

Old 11-02-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationNaples View Post
My brutally honest take is that you desperately need a mentor who has had the kind of success in the real estate industry that you wish to achieve. Find that person, listen to him or her and then follow the advice given, even if it is inconsistent with your world view and personal brand. This is a tried and true recipe for success.
The saying “ It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection.” comes to mind.

And “The opposite of courage in our society isn’t fear, it’s conformity.”

I’ll dress as I please and do what I want, and let the chips fall where they may thank you very much.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:52 PM

Good luck to you.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Good luck to you.
Thanks soooo much

Old 11-02-2020, 05:04 PM

You are sooo welcome.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
You are sooo welcome.
Whatever luck comes my way because you personally wished it for me then I will wish for that same very luck to head your way when it’s through with me!

Old 11-02-2020, 05:29 PM

You appear to be the same age as my kids who are also building their careers. It is much harder to do so now than when I was starting my own career. I wish you the same luck that I had and that I want for my kids. My own career was built on the advice of my mentor, hard work and lots of luck.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
You appear to be the same age as my kids who are also building their careers. It is much harder to do so now than when I was starting my own career. I wish you the same luck that I had and that I want for my kids. My own career was built on the advice of my mentor, hard work and lots of luck.
Im 32 and it’s been a f-ing ride so far that’s for sure... I’ve learned a lot from a lot of people here locally.

(As I’m typing this Learning to Fly by Tom Petty comes on) lol

Life is good... life is good. Things are different today then 30-40 years ago but they are always changing... that’s why what worked before doesn’t mean it will work again. I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel here, just trying to be my best authentic self. That’s what’s it’s all about, there’s plenty of money out there not even worried about that. It’s all about living an authentic life that feels aligned with who you are. Frank Sinatra said he did it his way!! When I come close to the end I want to be able to look back and say yea I did it my way, at least for the most part. I would die with regret if I spent too many hours of my life wearing dress pants and shoes..... haha

Just because someone else is dressed up doesn’t mean they are putting on a facade..I shouldn’t just stereotype all people who dress up that they are putting one on so my apologies...for me dressing up does feel like a facade. So moving forward I’ll mind my own business and not what other people are doing or aren’t doing. The end.

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 11-02-2020 at 05:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples