Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 02:34 PM

9,137 posts, read 6,191,523 times

Advertisements

Are they gone yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 01:23 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,114,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMgyms View Post
Thank you for the response. I'm curious as to what the backwards/crazy stuff is? That way I know where to avoid.
You can assume you are always being scammed. If you aren't it's a win, if you are, you've foiled the plan.

As an example, my husband was the DOP for a mid sized restaurant chain. The liquor delivery guys were running a scam on the restaurants that they would prop the back doors of the restaurants open with a rock so the doors wouldn't lock. They would sneak back in after they made the delivery and got paid for it and steal back part of the delivery and resell it.

Old 11-20-2020, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 713 times
Hello! What did you guys decide on? We are currently in Fallbrook and looking at our options in Naples and other parts of Florida. I want to take an exploratory trip to Florida and find our place. I have a friend in Naples so it's on the top of the list right now. He said he can live anywhere in the world and chooses Naples. I'm with you on leaving b/c of many reasons!! Newsom is def up there.

Old 11-22-2020, 05:20 AM

24 posts, read 38,529 times
I use to live in Encinitas CA. The medical
care in CA is much different then in FL,
You have to really do your homework on this one.
Have you thought of other states ?

Old 11-23-2020, 04:11 AM

47 posts, read 56,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muchlovemuchgrace View Post
Hello! What did you guys decide on? We are currently in Fallbrook and looking at our options in Naples and other parts of Florida. I want to take an exploratory trip to Florida and find our place. I have a friend in Naples so it's on the top of the list right now. He said he can live anywhere in the world and chooses Naples. I'm with you on leaving b/c of many reasons!! Newsom is def up there.
I am not a big fan of this thread and it looks like OP chose to go to Venice to find "great families and kids with good morals and values." There are families that come in all sizes, financial well beings, colors, religions, and even political ideologies, and they all can be great and have great values. I just don't think the OP believes that.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:34 AM

51 posts, read 95,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginachecked View Post
I use to live in Encinitas CA. The medical
care in CA is much different then in FL,
You have to really do your homework on this one.
Have you thought of other states ?
We looked at Texas Hill Country and it was nice, but did seem a little boring compared to everything we are used to doing outdoors. We thought about Eastern TN, but never made it there. What do you recommend?

Old 11-28-2020, 09:40 AM

51 posts, read 95,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPats6SB View Post
I am not a big fan of this thread and it looks like OP chose to go to Venice to find "great families and kids with good morals and values." There are families that come in all sizes, financial well beings, colors, religions, and even political ideologies, and they all can be great and have great values. I just don't think the OP believes that.
Pretty ridiculous answer to this thread and completely irrelevant. I've lived all over around every walk of life. You obviously don't know me and have no clue what I would think. To act like every area is the same for a family, and has as much to offer, or is as safe is a totally false statement. Why respond if you have nothing constructive on these specific areas? We all know there are good people everywhere, however some areas are better for kids and families.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:47 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
We looked at Texas Hill Country and it was nice, but did seem a little boring compared to everything we are used to doing outdoors. We thought about Eastern TN, but never made it there. What do you recommend?
Are you specifically looking for states with no income tax?

Old 11-28-2020, 01:31 PM

47 posts, read 56,671 times
Quote:
Pretty ridiculous answer to this thread and completely irrelevant. I've lived all over around every walk of life. You obviously don't know me and have no clue what I would think. To act like every area is the same for a family, and has as much to offer, or is as safe is a totally false statement. Why respond if you have nothing constructive on these specific areas? We all know there are good people everywhere, however some areas are better for kids and families.
I hope you find a community with like minded people.

Old 11-28-2020, 01:35 PM

10 posts, read 14,061 times
CMgyms, have you looked at South Carolina? I've rented a few times in Folly Beach. Beautiful ocean sand and you can walk there from your home. Many dog friendly restaurants. It's a small beach town of it's own, but you're 45 minutes from downtown Charleston. Saint Simons Island in GA and Gulf Shores, AL are ice too, but I'd pick Folly Beach.

Myrtle Beach has a lot to do for young families. It may be a bit far north for folks who want year-round warmth.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples