Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 09:29 AM

27 posts, read 33,769 times

Advertisements

What are some of the more affordable golf communities in Naples ie: homes, initiation and HOA fees? Also any that are golf cart friendly. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 09:31 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,214,963 times
Here Marc a potential new lead! LOL

Old 11-12-2020, 07:30 AM

731 posts, read 767,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan113 View Post
What are some of the more affordable golf communities in Naples ie: homes, initiation and HOA fees? Also any that are golf cart friendly. TIA
Affordable? It depends on what you think affordable is. Are you looking for a bundled golf community? A separate country club with initiation fees and dues? Look at your budget and start inquiring at country clubs. It's easy to email them to get fee information along with their social calendar, golf info, etc. Then look at the same budget and compare to communities with bundled golf. Generally speaking bundled golf communities have more people on the course. Be sure to compare the taxes, CDC fees and HOA fees plus cc fees with all communities. Especially look to see if and what assessments a cc and/or community has had in the past. They can be quite high!

You may find the cost of a bundled golf community with high CDC fees plus taxes, plus HOA may be similar as to costs in a community with no golf and joining a country club instead. It all depends on where you look.

What location do you want to live in? Do you want a large of small community? Do you want a community with a large resort pool and resort amenities? Do you want to join a country club vs Bundled Golf community?

For example:

Cypress Woods in North Naples is a bundled golf community. some small homes there along with condos. You may want to check that out. Nice small restaurant, bar, clubhouse. The community pool next to the restaurant and clubhouse is small and nothing special. I consider that an affordable golf community. Off of Immokalee to get there but you can avoid it if you want.

I believe most of the homes in Esplanade are bundled golf. Nice community, but I don't think their clubhouse has been built yet; it's been quite a while. Also off of Immokalee. I'm not a fan of any community off of Immokalee. Just hate that road and don't want to deal with it day in and day out. LOL

Heritage Bay off of Immokalee is also a bundled golf community.

Grey Oaks is lovely, where you'll need a very high budget. Pelican Bay, etc.

As far as golf cart friendly, you mean driving a golf cart in the community on the roads? I'm not familiar with one, but I have very limited knowledge about that.

Good luck!

Old 11-12-2020, 07:49 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,235,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
As far as golf cart friendly, you mean driving a golf cart in the community on the roads? I'm not familiar with one, but I have very limited knowledge about that.
If it's a gated golf community you will see carts driving on the roads, as privately owned carts are parked in the garage and then driven to the course.

Note that the courses usually charge a trail fee for the use for personal carts (this will vary by course and community). In Olde Cypress it was around $2,000 a year, so you had to play a fair amount of rounds to save vs. paying a per-round cart fee.

As to golf fees, there are generally a couple of options, and then if it's an equity membership or non-equity.

Again using Olde Cypress as an example, the initiation fee was somewhere around $45K (might have increased), which was non-equity (and therefore non-refundable) but if you bought a house it was "free".

Full golf was then around $12K a year, and partial golf around $8500. The latter limited advanced reservations, in-season golf rounds and a few other things - plus you paid reduced greens fees.

In Heritage Bay, it's bundled golf, but you still pay other fees, and I know there there's a minimum food and beverage spend of just under $1000 I believe.

Old 11-12-2020, 12:40 PM

Thanks so much for your detailed response.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:52 AM

Just a FYI, I found that the Golf Home Guru website and app was very informative and was a big help for membership fees at listed golf communities.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan113 View Post
Just a FYI, I found that the Golf Home Guru website and app was very informative and was a big help for membership fees at listed golf communities.
This looks like a helpful resource.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:02 AM

Something else I saw...the Esplanade clubhouse STILL isn’t completed. I looked at that community in 2014 and they said 2 years THEN.

If I lived there I would be totally pissed off.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:17 AM

731 posts, read 767,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Something else I saw...the Esplanade clubhouse STILL isn’t completed. I looked at that community in 2014 and they said 2 years THEN.

We looked with friends there about 3 years ago. When they saw no clubhouse, they didn't buy there. Something bad financially must be going on.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:31 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,354,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post

Should be done in 2021 - there was a big financial dispute that messed things up.

It'll be gorgeous when done, most of the homes are all sold out now (a few condos).

However yes, as an owner i'd be livid. Good thing they have an awesome golf facility & tennis courts to keep me happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: